Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gen III crossmember?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74kay5, Jul 27, 2006.

1. 74kay5

74kay5 1/2 ton status

I have a 6.0L in my K5 and to get it in there it required a little crossmember hacking. Now that gen III motors are more common has anyone come up with a fabbed crossmember (like ORDs for the stock 350) that's stronger and more stable? If not this would be a good seller. I wish I had a tube bender.:(

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

We've been tossing this idea around but haven't gotten around to it yet because we're too busy with other work right now.
    Check out the site in my sig line, we're located in morgan hill, not very far if you need anything done. Have you gotten the computer and harness end of it taken care of yet? :wink1:

Ryan

3. 74kay5

74kay5 1/2 ton status

Yup, God Bless Speartech. He reworked my harness and programmed my PCM. As far as hard mounting for everything, it's all done, I just feel kind of unsure about my hacked crossmember and welding job. The motor is running and sounds good but has that signature piston slap of the 02 6.0L motors. Power steering works, ETC works, cooling system works fine, no leaks at all. Had to use the F-body LS1 headers because the truck ones were way too wide. Still have to get the exhaust done somewhere. Let me know when you have that crossmember, I'll take it!!!