Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gen III swap crossmember

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74kay5, Sep 15, 2006.

1. 74kay5

74kay5 1/2 ton status

Still waiting on someone to fab up a crossmember for the gen III swap. I don't know how much longer my getto fabulous hack and welding job is going to last on my exsisting one.

2. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

your in san jose...just ask ryan(ryanb) at pacificfab.net

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks pete. :thumb:
    Come on by the shop and you can check out some of our GenIII swaps both completed and in progress. :D Theres also some pics of our swaps in the gallery if you click on the link in my sig. :wink1:
    We've talked about making a genIII crossmember, but we've been too busy to make it happen yet. We can make you a one off piece, or since you need it done, it could lead to mass production crossmembers. Sometimes adapter motor mount plates can work but it tips the engine at an angle..

4. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah thats what I did on my blazer was cut out the crossmember and motormounts and fabbed my own. Wasnt too bad. I actually left out the crossmember under the engine and made some extra bracing for the crossmember right in front of the engine to keep the rigidness of the frame.

Remington

5. 74kay5

74kay5 1/2 ton status

I have the advance adapter plates that mounted the motor with stock mounts but I was hoping to use something like the ORD crossmember that they have for the xover steering. I would use that one in a second but it would require hacking that one up just like mine.

6. 74kay5

74kay5 1/2 ton status

also forgot to mention that I live in the north bay now. Balterbuilt offered to make one but if I brought him my exsisting one. The only problem with that is I have to cut it in half to get it out.

7. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

If you can't take it to Ryan and don't mind waiting a few weeks I may have an almost bolt-in option for you. I can't give any details now, but I'll have a write up soon.;)