Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gen IV and VI Intake Differences...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Oct 25, 2003.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Will an intake on a 2000 Gen VI 454 bolt onto and work on a Mark IV block? I have a complete 2000 Vortec 454 EFI system that I want to put on my Mark IV based 496...

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Yeah...the intakes are the same...It is the heads you need to be careful about...A MKIV head will work on a MKIV block and a Gen VI block. While a Gen V/Gen VI (Gen V and VI heads are the same, will work on ALL a MKIV Gen V and Gen VI block...) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

But yeah the intakes are the same bolt patter for the different year BBC's

Chris

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well I'm going to be running World Mark IV heads, just needed to make sure the intake will bolt up. Time to start getting the computer custom tuned /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Gen IV heads can be used on Gen IV and Gen VI blocks but not on Gen V blocks due to coolant passages on the Gen V block being too large to seal a Gen IV head but the Gen VI block has smaller coolant passages than the Gen V so you can use the Gen IV heads on the Gen VI block and the coolant passages will seal.

5. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gen IV heads can be used on Gen IV and Gen VI blocks but not on Gen V blocks due to coolant passages on the Gen V block being too large to seal a Gen IV head but the Gen VI block has smaller coolant passages than the Gen V so you can use the Gen IV heads on the Gen VI block and the coolant passages will seal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say that ten times fast..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif