Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

General Engine Info

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Spineshank95, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Spineshank95

Spineshank95 Newbie

Well, this may sound like a dumb question but can anyone help me get just general info on engines. I never really had the oppurtunity when I was younger to learn much about them, but have always had an interest in cars in general. My knowledge is very limited now, but i definatly want to learn, so any good places to start? Any reccommendations on good books, websites, etc would really be appreciated. I just got my own place a few months ago, and started a good job with the government begining of the year so Ill have some extra money to play around with. Trying to get more familiar with everything before I try and get a K5 myself (waiting to get some money together too:grin: ).
    Thanks guys,
    Brad

2. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Well, it depends on what you want to learn but there are a lot of smallblock books that guide you step by step on how to make hp. You will find everthing you need at www.amazon.com. Search for chevy 350.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am also a beginner. I went with some friends for a few trips and had to build a truck myself. I have done everything on my truck my self and had a great time. I have never found better help than right here. Threads on almost everything and guys willing to answer even the most basic questions. Well worth the $ for a membership.