Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

general lift/axel question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by testosterone, Dec 8, 2002.

1. testosterone

testosterone Registered Member

I want to get my axles first...Im thinking of 1 ton units...now, when I go looking for suspension lifts do I look for 1 ton lifts or do I still look for 1/2 ton lifts? does this make sense? I have bad bronchitis and my mind isnt all here.
    thanks

2. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

You would buy the lift for the model truck you have, not the axles you are using. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You would buy the lift for the model truck you have, not the axles you are using

[/ QUOTE ]

U-bolt sizes are different betwwen 1/2 and 3/4 ton, and 3/4 and 1 ton. You will need to know what axles are going to be used. That being said, if you are going to use 1 ton axles, you will need to get a lift FOR a one ton. However, if you plan to use rear springs, you will need to get the springs for a 1/2t, 3/4t or K5, as the rear springs on these rigs are 52", while a 1 ton's rears are 56".