Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

General Modification questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Razorback7070, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Razorback7070

Razorback7070 Newbie

I have a stock 89 blazer. In the far future I want to put 37" tires with 17" wheels on it with only 6" of lift and major fender modification and replacement. I will plan on doing all other necessary stuff, just wanted to know if this was theoritically possible. Also, another theory question, can't decide if I would want to go with a 454 or a 502 ram jet. I just would like to know if the 502 is possible to put in without major modifications to engine and or body and or frame. Thanks

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

why 17in rims? and yes you can put a 502 in fairly easily /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

You can run 37''s on 6'' of lift with little trimming. Many people on this board run 42''-44''s with only 6'' lift (sometimes even less lift!) With the 17'' wheels you are kinda limited on tire selection and I can't think of any that are wider than 12.5''. I don't think that the dimensions of the 502 are any bigger than a 454 and some blazers came from the factory with 454's, so it can be done.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    and some blazers came from the factory with 454's,

[/ QUOTE ]
    Never an option in a Blazer...lots of Subs and pick-ups did get the 454 though so they do bolt in.

Rene

5. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I know 2 people with BBC's in their K5's, one is a 396 ('82 K5) and the other has a 454 ('81 K5). I was under the impression that these were available from the factory... Anyway, at least we know that it can be done!