Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

general newbie info....i need a k5 education

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dallas, Dec 5, 2001.

1. dallas

dallas Newbie

i'm contemplating trading my 86 toyota on 37's for an 86 K5 on 35's. toys are really tough, i run 37's, 5.29's, and a detroit and dont break a thing in the rear end. what do i need to do to a blazer to make it as tough? what are the litle odd things that i need to know about a k5 b4 making the trade? thanks

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

To make a K5 nearly unbreakable is easy. Get a 1 ton chevy truck and swap the drive trail into the K5. Put a steering box brace on it. Get new driveshafts, from Jesse. Done.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

well i would not say that the toy axel is tough but a much lighter ride, put one of those axels on a heavy blazer and it'll go boom. many K5ers are putting in 14FF axels from 3/4 or 1 ton trucks. I have not heard anyone in here break one, yet. as for the front same thing, but preferably the Dana60.

look out for rust on blazers, i guess that would be the only thing, and the 10 bolt axels. I've never seen one before[​IMG], i don't think i would want to either. my 72 came with d44/12s

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    72 4x4 CST Blazer
    71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>My Pics</a>

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Fill out your bio, if you are in Dallas ???? I'm in Ft Worth come over and I'll educate you with a 3 dimensional K5

White Knight