Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

general questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stepsidesmoch, Aug 11, 2003.

1. stepsidesmoch

stepsidesmoch Registered Member

May 17, 2003
    I own a 1987 chevy stepside, 4 inch lift, and to my dissapointment i delayed in installing my steering arm extend when i lifted the truck ... boom, sooner or later there goes the darn steerin box, ahh hell, and i take it off and lone behold 2 bolts pulled through the frame from my offroading adventures... where do i buy a good frame fix, i messed up trying to fix it but i know i can re-do and make-do. i torched the first steering arm off but melted a stud, so i took the axle off my 88 blazer and took my time, but torched the balljoint, so with the help of my redhaired friend... the axle was being re-done with balljoints.. wow what a use for air chisel and torches, now the problem is putting it back together
    the adjusting sleeves in the upper balljoint on the corp 10 were a pain one side only, oTc makes a cute lil tool to rip them out so it was easily put in its B*tch *ss place. LOL
    but my friend said he would work on it and he hasnt done a thing, im a carpenter and i dont wanna mess up on this, even though im 18 and still got lotta testosterone to burn in my coming years as a redneck. i told him i would pay him, now the truck is on jackstands infront of his grams house collecting dust because he seems to think that not working on it is amusing... what the F--K to do eh? gimme some constructive critisism
  2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dec 27, 2002
    Off road design makes a nice repair piece for your frame and also sells a nice support brace for the steering box.....