Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Genuine Suspension from 4wpw?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Jan 13, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Well, I got my new 35x12.50 ProComp XTerrain tires...but they are a little big for my 4" lift... and I don't wanna trim any soo, time for a 6" lift...I am kinda tight on cash now so I was looking at a 6" lift from 4wheelparts to get me by until I can do the shackle flip & 2.5" rear spings and rancho 9000's. How are the front springs in the Genuine suspension kit from 4wpw? will they suffice? thanks for any input...Thre main reason I want to go with this kit is because it has all the major parts I will need to get by until I can upgrade the rear...

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

2. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

I was told that the front springs are made by Sky Jacker....but i'm not sure

hola

3. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

I work at 4wpw and we dont even sell those springs, i think its only mail order. The procomp springs arent too expensive though. I have the 6'' springs on the front, havent had any problems with them.

88' K5 Silverado 9" Lift 38" Swamper TSL's

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

As far as I know the genuine suspension kit is basically a Pro-Comp spring with cheap shocks. I had the guy at the 4WPW store in Gardena look up the part number from the genuine susp. springs and the Pro-Comp spring and they were the same number.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>