Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Genuine Suspension

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pr1aw, Dec 9, 2001.

1. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

I haven't seen a posting on this suspension. Is it any good? Its about $330 out the door from 4wheelparts (I don't need any neg feedback about 4wheelparts, they have done me just fine) Its a 4" lift and comes with shocks.

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

All I have really heard is that they are real stiff. No first hand experience though.
    May be one of those, you get what you pay for things.

Ken H.

'86 K5 up and coming
    14 bolt(Detroited),10 bolt,39.5 Boggers rear,
    TSLs front, 468 BBC, 350 trans, 205 transfer
    Rust free in Michigan!

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

The GFenuine supsensions is just a package that 4WPW puts together. It is actually Pro Comp front springs with rear blocks. The shocks that they give you are they ProComp 1000's which basically SUCK. If you upgrade to at least a 3000 series Procomp you will be fine. I currently run this lift and everyone that rides in my Blazer says it's the smoothest one they have ever riden in. I've even heard it's "CADDY-LIKE"[​IMG] I don't know about caddy-like but it is smooth. Just make sure you don't tighten your spring bolts( the ones that hold your springs on the frame and shackle) too much. That will definately cause a harsh ride from ANY spring.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>