Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

genuine suspension?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaggyk5, Nov 19, 2000.

1. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

i was looking at 4wpw and saw these kits. they are pretty cheap, just wondering on any opinions.

matt

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I am pretty sure that 4wp manufactures these lifts themselves. I have no idea about quality. Normally it is what you spend is what you get.

Doug Krebs

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I heard that these are kind of mismatched springs from different manufacturers, but I may be wrong. They might also make them themselves, I'm not sure, but remember, you get what you pay for.

90K5

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I think they are actually ProComp springs (may be wrong.) I bought my 6" lift from 4wpw and I think my springs are actually procomp.
    Let me warn you up front the springs are not exactly smooth riding. Of course no 6" lifted truck is going to ride like a Caddy, but they are on the rough side. Other makers have lower spring rate leafs that will ride nicer.
    -- Mike