Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

geo metro owners?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by jekbrown, Sep 1, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

anyone have (or had) a Metro? Once my C25 and my CC is paid off (purdy soon!) I'm thinking about getting one for commuting duty. There is a guy on craigslist selling a not so pretty one (trashy interior, few dents outside) for like $700 and getting no hits. Claims 53mpg on the freeway. I bet if I offered $500 he'd take it. Them old skool 1.0L G10 metros are awesome for milage. Right now it just seems silly to drive my 2.3L ranger to work all the time. It gets good mileage for a truck (20-25mpg) but I could do double that np in the metro.

If I got my tow rig good and reliable I could use it for hauling duty and sell the Ranger... hmmm...

anyway, whos had a metro? thoughts?

j

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i am getting close to 35mpg@70mph on the freeway on a very well maintained metro. 1999, 65k miles, auto tranny, a/c on, 1.3L engine. most i got from a 2.3L ranger was 27mpg @65mph.

check out www.fueleconomy.org

ARQ.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, the 1.3L metros like gas more than the 1.0 ones. I think I might hold out and try to find an XFI model metro. They are pretty rare... less than 10% of all metros sold from 89-94 were the xfi one apparently. Lighter and detuned slightly. Almost 60mpg freeway. w00t!

j