Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Geocaching...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhoenixZorn, Mar 21, 2006.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

How many of you have a GPS?? I wonder how awesome it would be to GeoCache with truck parts on the trail... =)

Anyway, I'm recording some caches around my house, and I'm going to start looking as soon as the temperature gets above 40 here.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Kool, I did a bunch year before last and the year before that. This past year, I was distracted.........'ell of a lot of fun, especially if ya take yer kids.........it's magic to them, treasure hunting!!! We like to mix them in when wheeling, canoing, and visiting/vacationing or just a reason to hit the woods/water.

http://www.geocaching.com/ I'm dontoe on there also, though I haven't posted in a couple of years.

3. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

we do it around here. I've thought it would be fun to mix some geocaching with trail running but have yet to do it.

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I'd love to do it, some friends and I were taking about doing some caches at Lake Powell in the canyons and then finding them by boat.

Cool site Dontoe, I just checked and found over twenty within 5 miles of my house.

5. PhoenixZorn

6. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

mrk5's sister and husband geo-cache alot around GJ. We have also been up on the Mesa. Recently we did 3 at Montrose and probably a half dozen here at BV. Good clean family fun!

fred2mihi

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, ya have a great idea! :bow: :bow: :bow:
    Though it should be kept to paying members and not viewable by non-members. Some people look up the sites and keep everything and leave nothing. We always tried to leave better than we took. Our finds should still be listed. Looked for some that we never found, usually because of weather or failing light! I guess why I haven't been is my best friend, "Jack" always lead us with his nose. He died two years ago, and my Husky is an a$$hole dog!

8. MT wheeler

MT wheeler 1/2 ton status

Seems to be a growing sport. My friends and parents are big into it but I am just getting started. Definately gets you into some not so travelled locations. We are going to put some caches out on the 4x4 trails in the area to hopefully attract more people that want to cache not in the normal fashion.

9. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

Me and a buddy of mine have done quite a few. And my daughter loves to go "treasure hunting".

[​IMG]

10. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have one and I have never tried to go caching but I'm game

11. MT wheeler

MT wheeler 1/2 ton status

Forgot to mention since the original question was how many have a GPS. I do and it is a Garmin 60C. The color screen is worth it.

12. PhoenixZorn

I just have a Garmin GPS12... it's cheap and it gets the job done... the only bad thing is I only have a 0.2mile minimum screen range... I'd like to be able to zoom in to 100 feet or so.

13. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I'll have to dig out my etrek, I dont think the TomTom will find it unless its on the road.

14. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I have two cheapies, the Etrex freebie from Marlboro and the GPS 315, they both seem to be pretty decent.

15. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I forget which one I have, it's ok I guess. Same as all navigation tools, gotta take it with a grain of salt.:rolleyes: