Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Georgia Emissions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by georgiared84, Sep 6, 2002.

1. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Hi, New to the site, and I love the amount of info. I've done a search on Georgia emissions, but haven't found any posts. I'm in the Metro Atlanta Area with an 84 K5, and wanted to know if I have to pass an engine visual inspection, or just the sniffer and Gas cap etc.... It passed last year and the smog pump was off. The pipes were all there just the pump was missing. Well, I'd like to go a step further and get the rest of it out of the way (The pipes that is) so I can get at things easier. Anyone in GA that can help?
    Thanks /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i can't help cause don't have too pass any test /forums/images/icons/grin.gif but please fill out your profile you might live down the street from me /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Allright, another ATL-based member! Welcome! Just recently joined myself. I'm in the Roswell area. FYI, all the ATL guys that I've "met" on the site so far have been great -- really helpful. Grim, Depdog, beater74(?), and a couple of others that I'm missing.

Anyway, my 2 cents on the emissions thing...
    I researched the heck of emissions where I got my 77 Jimmy b/c I was worried it wouldn't pass --- turns out that any vehicle older that a 78 doesn't have to pass an emissions test. Doesn't mean much for your situation since you have an 84 but while researching I never saw anything about an engine inspection.

I think most of the ATL guys are getting ready for a big ride tomorrow so I'm guessing they won't get to your post before Sunday.