Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Georgia K5er's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GaDawg, Jan 25, 2003.

1. GaDawg

GaDawg Registered Member

Georgia K5er\'s?

I'm looking for K5 Owners in Georgia interested in starting a K5 Club (Preferably Owners north of Atlanta). My K5 is pretty stock, but I love the vehicles all the same. Looking for owners that share the admiration & adoration of the K5 in all its forms. PM or e-mail me if interested.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    GaDawg0513@charter.net
    dawg.given@us.army.mil

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: Georgia K5er\'s?

There are a bunch of us, we are not a club though. We do get together for a CK5 ride once a year at Tellico (althought last year we just had dinner & a short ride south of ATL due to schedules, mods, & broke trucks), we ride together at Dixie Run, some (well 2) of us did the clean up at Rich Mt/Anderson Creek, hopefully now that there are 2 Dixie Runs we will do those together, and last we are split between two local clubs the GA Bounty Runners (Grim-Reaper & me) and the Renagades (Keith & Depdog). Come to the CK5 ride and met us. I don't know who the others ride with, but there are at least 10 people on CK5 in the area.

3. GaDawg

GaDawg Registered Member

Kick Arse! Sounds great! Shoot me some dates for those Dixie runs. I currently reside in Gainesville, close to the mountains & on the Lake, but I'm moving in June to be within commuting distance of Atlanta /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Proabably end up off 400 somewhere.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Look forward to hearin from ya!
    GaDawg0513@charter.net

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Proabably end up off 400 somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ] EEEWWWWWWWWW /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif commuting distance on 400 HAHAhahahah you could live at 400&amp;285 nd on a good day it might still take ya an hour to get to work. move to the east side (decatur) i work two blocks from 5 points and it takes me 20 mins to get there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

well grimmy and bigjbear ride with the GBR http://www.gbr4wd.com/ i will soon, if i ever get my POS done/or even close to trail worthy/hell even back on the road would be nice. They are a great bunch of folks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bigjbear

6. bigjbear

Our club GBR www.gbr4wd.com has a meeting the 1st weekend of the month, ie next weekend, come on out and meet us. Also look here http://gbr4wd.com/how_to_join.htm
    Here is the the Renagades site http://www.renegades.us/
    All 3 of those dates fall into the catagory of whenever and wherever so you will be there, right? (we do read your profile so don't say it if you don't mean it.)

7. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Ben down here in Columbus...deff ready to tackle some trails with soem of you. I deff dont have a rig set up for the rocks but enjoy trying. I am in Columbus,GA and can drive anywhere up north to play.Let us know when soem of these events get closer.

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Good trails in Cowan,Tn.Hunting club lets wheelers use area when no season open. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Big10

Big10 Registered Member

I'd love to get up there and wheel with you guys, but I'm in south..."very" south georgia. Do you know of any clubs that wheel in my area? I'm 25 miles north of Fla. right on I-75. I went to http://www.sfwda.org and the clubs listed for georgia are all in Atlanta or close to it, and that website does not list florida clubs. Thanks..Craig

10. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

I'm in Marietta. I'd be happy to get together sometime. I was thinkin that I need to get to know some local K5ers better (I'm gettin' sick of pullin' friends' Jeeps out /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) Let me know if anything is goin on.

11. bigjbear

You have been let know-see above. Now show up.

12. bigjbear

Try shooting a PM to Keith. He has family down that way. You might want to go the the flordia4x4 board. There are some CK5 members down that way, too. Might want to start a new post. Put it in the Garage or Trails board, though. This one is in the wrong spot.

13. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

Im in Kennesaw. I'd like to be in a K-5 club. I have a poser K-5 w/ 7" lift and 35's. Still on the 10-bolts. Does it still count /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know of at least 2 more of my buddies from school that would want to be in a club too. Now all we do is ride with the little heeps out to big tower and most of the time end up pulling them out. (Theres a few nice ones that can hold their own with the big dawgs.) If anyone is gonna start somethin, or just havin a ride around here please let me know. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif RULE!

14. bigjbear

see above