Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Georgia People...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mr. Infinity, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Mr. Infinity

Mr. Infinity Registered Member

A while back there was a post on where you could ride in west GA. I just thought I would let you guys know that they opened Lucas Road and the swamp at McPhearson back up. The only thing I was told is, you can't ride during hunting season, pick up after yourselves, do not vandalize the tree stands or anything else(including digging ruts in the roads in and out of these areas). Also we should be able to get the Christmas Eve ride back at Mcphearson this year. I went out to McPhearson Saturday and the signs the county put up about being fined have been taken down.
    I know some of you guys are more into crawling than playing in the mud, but the power lines up there have some stuff to play on.

2. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

What is this place near? I live on the east side of Alabama, so it might be fairly close.

3. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

yes im in columbus, where is this?

4. Mr. Infinity

They are between Dallas and Cartersville on hwy 61.

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Swwet, where did you hear this. If you go watch out for nails.

6. bigjbear

Its damn near in my back yard.

7. Mr. Infinity

I heard it from several people, and then I heard it from Mike at East Hiram 4x4. So I went out there Saturday, the roads have been graded down, and the signs are gone at McPhearson. I haven't been to Lucas yet(I had a clutch problem before I got there), but I know several people that have been going for the last couple of weeks.

8. bigjbear

Thanks for the info, BTW I was serious about the nails.

9. Mr. Infinity

I heard about people throwing beer bottles in some of the mud holes, so I don't doubt that about the nails.

10. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Lucas Rd is bad news. I had some friends call me late one night, (I was the only one they new that had been there before) to come help them and bring a fuel pump for a jeep that had died. Well some locals (the land owners) showed up and started threatning them and said they would shoot at anyone trespassing on there land. By the time I get there they drove one jeep out to the road to meet me but got (2) flat tires on it. We had to fix the flats ( I have air) and then intall a fuel pump on the trail. Very bad night!!! Kinda turned me off about that place. As far as Mcphearson goes the Christmas eve ride was a joke. There were people getting stuck on the road to the place /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I motored by in 2wd. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif It was really about 300 trucks with 10 doing the riding or "hill Climbing" to bad we don't have a few more rocks over there to throw into the mix /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Don't get me wrong it was fun but not what I had expected. Let me know if you want to ride over one day and we can scout around for some "trails"

11. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

it is about time for another good christmas eve ride last year just wated a lot of gas may be i will have my truck ready for it this year /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

Last time I went to Lucas, me and a friend stopped to get out and look around, we were just shy of a 6-inch spike sticking out of the ground, maybe 3/8 of an inch in diameter. I dug it up, it went into a pipe and the end had been smashed shut. The whole thing was a little over a foot long dug up. I know a guy who lost two tires up there(works at 4Wheel Performance and Offroad) a woman came in bragging about how she had buried spikes all over Lucas. She didn't really say why though.... I've never heard of McPhearson though I don't think unless it's the same thing as Big Tower(which is closed too now I think).

13. Mr. Infinity

I found a place off of narrow way church road that had some rocks. I did not get to far because of my clutch problem, but If you want to check it out I will tell you where.
    All of the roads around Mcphearson have been graded down for the pulp wooding.

14. blazerboy72

blazerboy72 1/2 ton status

it is hard for me to believe that curtis would do anything if he wasn't going to make money off of it. blake at mikes tire service in powder springs said he was going to discovery for the christmas eve ride it is free and the people don't care

15. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Mr. Infinity, I now live on HWY 61 between Mcphearson and Lucas Rd. And my cousin lives at the entrance to big tower so he gives me the scoop on who goes in and out. He said they cracked down for awhile but people are going back again. Where is this other place you mentioned?

16. Mr. Infinity

Where/what is discovery?

17. Mr. Infinity

If you go north on 61, turn left on Narroway CH. rd. at the stop sign you turn right. take the next paved road to the left. That road will end in a small culdesac. go down the dirt road and about 100yds down it crosses a power line. If you take a left on the power line there is some rocks on the next hill. Remember I have a mud truck so I don't claim that it is a massive rock garden, but it looked like there could be something to play on there.

18. bigjblazer

bigjblazer Registered Member

if any of yall know where big tower is, I'm pretty sure its still open. I was out there last weekend, and there were a few people out there on 4 wheelers too. There weren't any signs or road blocks, so I guess that means it's open.

19. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Hey not4show, where in east Alabama are you located? I'm also in east Alabama.

Thanks,
    Will