Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Germany is cool, but it sucks for trucks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by morcav, Dec 14, 2006.

1. morcav

morcav Registered Member

I think I always took it for granted to have a parts store right across the street, cause now I have to wait almost two weeks for even the smallest parts, like wheel bearing seals. I've been kicked out of two tire shops so far cause they said it would take almost 500g of sticky weights to balance my new 35" bfg m/t's, they tell me that my 4" lift is to high to do my alignment, a gas tank is to big to ship in the mail, and would cost as much as the gas tank to ship it by other means, oh yeah and the super salt they put on the roads is about to cause my tailgate to fall off, does any one know what the rectangle part that attaches the tailgate hinge to the truck is? I need two new ones. I can't wait to get back to the states:usaflag:
    sorry for the ranting.
    91 K5

2. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

hey, the piece that holds the tailgate on... that would be the tailpan. lmctrucks.com should have them.. or its lmctruck.com im not sure..

3. scooter122983

scooter122983 1/2 ton status

are you on military base if so most mailorders have free shipping to overseas instilations.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Shouldn't cost you anymore to get a tank in the mail there than it does in the states, (assuming APO/FPO) and I know I didn't pay any outrageous price when I had mine shipped to me.:confused:

5. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

Can't you just go to the auto hobby shop to balance your tires? I remember some other companies trying to make me pay more for shipping to an APO, so I had to call and tell them they only have to pay to get it to San Fransisco, since that's where the APO is.

6. morcav

morcav Registered Member

they are tellin me that the 31 gal tank is to big to ship to an apo

7. morcav

morcav Registered Member

the tire balancer was good at the craft shop for my 33's but the 35's are a bit to big(tank to big for apo)