Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Get in Healthy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekquistk5, Aug 17, 2006.

1. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've been on a health kick lately. I only eat salad, cottage cheese, chicken and eggs. I only do this because I lost a lot of weight eating those things and exercising regularly. I got a reality check when I looked at some pictures from 2 years ago. 2 years ago I was 160 lbs and could bench 240. Two weeks ago I weighed myself in at 195lbs, and I could barely bench 175. Needless to say I've been running 3.5 miles a day doing crunches for 30 mins and lifting for around 1 hr. In two weeks I have lost 13lbs and my arms are starting to tone back out again. I feel 10 times better, and in another two weeks I should have my six pack back, so long keg....

2. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Good for you jekster, yeah I am slowly getting back into my workout routine since my shoulder surgery in May. Still cant do any upper body for another 3 months but am definitely running and working my legs and abs as much as possible. About a year ago, I weighed 195 @ 8% body fat, benched about 250, and now am at 170 10% bf and have no idea what my bench is. Another good food I eat alot of to gain lean size is rice, tuna or grilled chicken, and lots of green vegis like green beans or pees. Eat alot of those foods post workout and you will gain like no other. Goodluck bro

Remington

3. jekquistk5

Yeah I eat alot of greens, carots have been my snack lately rather then cookies. I have way more energy to do things now, and my 4 hrs of sleep each night isn't soo bad anymore

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I hear you. It was the current photos that scared me when I was 175. In HS I wrestled at 119 and benched 180. Then I realized one day that I was in the Chair Force, 175, and couldn't bench my own weight. It's amazing how it can sneak up on you like that. I wish my friends would have told me I was so fat. Dropped down to 140 within a few months, feeling a LOT better all the time. Hopefully I won't ever do that again.:doah:

5. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I eat like crap and drink a lot more than anyone really should. I do exercise semi-regularly. But, the one thing that I've done that I've really noticed a difference is that I stopped drinking soda. I stopped completely for about 9-10 months and then my brother came to visit and I started in with the Jack and Cokes. Now, the only time that I'll drink soda is if it's mixed with booze. Anyway, I really don't miss it and nothing in it is good for you at all.

6. Homeslice

Homeslice 1/2 ton status

damn you guys are skinny.

7. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I'm vertically challanged (5' 7"), so it rounds out to a proportionate BMI.

8. Homeslice

Homeslice 1/2 ton status

I did that thing and I think it told me I'm fat and I'm 5'8" 125 pounds. haha

9. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I don't give the BMI system a lot of merit, but my employer the USAF does. I don't care, as long as I'm within the guidlines and feel good, screw the numbers.

10. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah Im 6'2" and every time I have to stop working out from injury or other reasons I drop all my weight muscle or fat and get skinny. I try to work out to stay in shape and have some size on me, but every time without fail if I stop for a while, it goes by by. I still eat the same too, I dont get it.

Remington

11. Homeslice

Homeslice 1/2 ton status

yay air force!

12. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

THAT'S RIGHT :D

13. Homeslice

Homeslice 1/2 ton status

lol my stepdad was in for 30 years and so was my grandpa so ya gotta love the air force

14. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it's been good for me, though my time has almost run out. Their fitness program is a little lax though. I WISH we had more mandatory runs, it would do me some good.

15. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

According to the BMI at my drs office I am morbidly obese. But on the bright side I have dropped 40 lbs. On the bad side I still weigh 270, another 50 lbs and I will be good

16. Homeslice

Homeslice 1/2 ton status

I had this teacher in 8th graade that did his BMI and it said he liike should die because he's so fat haha but he's ALLLLLLLLLL muscle. I don't listen to that stupid thing. It says I'm fat and I don't have any fat on me.

What do you do in the air force

17. jekquistk5

Yeah I'm 5'7" as well so i'm pretty overweight. I hope I just build muscle though and can stay at arround 160ish. When I started my diet 3 years ago.. I was 179, I dropped to 141 then gained weight(muscle) from there on... and remember muscle weighs more then fat

18. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i have been running alot (hate running) and doing a lot of cardio, but it feels like i haven't lost all that much weight. but i feel better(besides my shins)

19. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

Soda addiction is the bane of American society. Everywhere you go you see big Gulps and Supersize sodas. Three words to remember: Adult Onset Diabetes. It takes forty-five minutes to metabolise sugar andd over thrree hours to metabolise the insulin that your body produces to digest the sugar. Then you have another soda to "pick-you up" and start the cycle all over again. (No to mention the dehydration involved with drinking caffine) Do this for 10 years and then you are overweight and need a new kidney.

20. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

hey i feel for ya man, i`m like 5`10" and weigh in at almost an even 300....297 to be exact, and i actually started this thing with an older couple i know, i`ve been eating right, lost of salads, water, and been going for good 2.5 mile walks a night.....i havent stepped on one since i started, but i`m gonna have to say i`ve lost 10 lbs, and man i feel great, time to start turning **** around for me man....