Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Get in the zone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey, it's your ride. Did you know that the pro's at Autozone can help you make it as cool as you want it to be !!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif And I bet 99% of the ricers really do belive that most parts counter people knows more then what's on the screen infront of them. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

Well if they have the CK5 web page up then they might.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Well if they have the CK5 web page up then they might.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Oh damn, I can't argue with that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

otterzone has pros? they must have stole the uniforms and hid the pros in the back at ours..if you dont know exactly what you want..you dont get it lol

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

We have a place called Auto Aid here in Lake Elsinore. That place is unreal. They really do know everything. Ya pay a little more but the help and knowlege is priceless. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

The local Napa around here is really good with getting what you need. O'Riley's isn't too bad either. I don't bother with Auto Zone or Advanced. If there computer says it won't fit, they won't sell it. Kinda stupid to me. Oh well.

Kris

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I went to AutoZero yesterday and asked about tuff country springs and guy just looked at me, so asked can you order aftermarket springs? He asks for what, I say I need lift springs for a full size blazer. Does that have the front coils? No thats a bronco, I replied. Can you guys order tuff country springs? I want to get a price on a 3" lift front and rear springs kit. He walks over to the custom order books I just got finished looking through and I said I didn't see anything in there... He walks back over to the computer, punches a couple of buttons and looks at a screen for parts (said ford something at the top of the screen) and looks back at me and says, if its not in those books we can't order it..... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

OK thanks.... RUN AWAY RUN AWAY /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

BOZOne !

when I call there for customers all I have to say is this is Jeremy from Knechts on 99 and they already start fumbling and stalling,LOL 100% of the time they can't find the part.

ME: "no a np203 is not a transmission it's a transfer case"

them: it says transmission on my screen.

me: thanks bye

ME do you have a axel flange gasket for a 47 willys
    them: you mean differential gasket?
    ME no, at the wheel , not the cover
    Them: OH, outer seal???
    ME:no. thanks bye

:rollseyes:

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Just call and ask for sparkplug wires for a '94 Desiel. See how long it takes for them to realize whats going on.

I had a friend that worked at an O'Rieleys when I was in highscool, and when people would ask him questions he didn't know he would go to the back and 'talk to his manager'...Which ment he would call me on my cellphone. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Just call and ask for sparkplug wires for a '94 Desiel. See how long it takes for them to realize whats going on.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

ever ask for a thermostat housing gasket for a 68 beetle? i have a friend that works at an otterzone, he got through the 2nd page of options before he realized what i asked for... lol

13. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ever ask for a thermostat housing gasket for a 68 beetle?

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I love Autzone... Every time I go in there and ask for something they ask me what year, make & model it came from. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Everytime I go in looking for some parts the conversation goes exactly like this: "Yeah, I need to get a pair of U-Joints for the steering knuckles of my 1971 Dana 44" "What year and make is the vehicle..." so I always answer "1997 Pontiac Grand Prix". (kid starts looking through his computer) "uh, they didnt put a D44 in the pontiac grand prix..." "your right" (I smile - He is confused) "I need the steering knuckle U-Joints for a 1971 Dana 44 front axle so that I can steer my 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix"

After repeating the last sentence a few times, they kid usually figures out that its probably not a stock vehicle vehicle and simply goes and gets the D44 u-joints...

"Thanks - See you next time"

15. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

i can't bitch too much about AutoZone. i just started there part time last week. but i will agree that there are quite a few people that i've met working in some autozones that don't have a clue. i don't care if you guys think the place sucks or not, as long as i get my paycheck to buy new goodies for my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I work at Autozone. Yes, we can order aftermarket springs.

The problem with you guys coming in looking for parts like, "U joints for a 1971 D44" is that we dont know every part by heart. Sure, I know the number for a 297X u joint by heart, but in 3 months of working there, I've yet to sell a single one. I know how to get you whatever you want though...considering I've worked as a mechanic I'm not stupid.

As to aftermarket springs, Autozone carries Trailmaster and can get you up to a 6" lift I believe, but most counter guys are too stupid to look in the catalogs and only know the computer.

With that said, I'm going back to work. I guess I'll just pretend I'm a dumbass from now on for the customer's entertainment.

17. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

No need to be so touchy. You are definately in the minority of the auto parts counterpersons. I went to Autozone last night and asked for a cap and rotor for a 1986 SBC, and the guy had it quicker than me askin' for it. That is the first time that has ever happened to me at an Autozone, though.

John

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Anyone working at a parts store who asks if the vehicle is 4-wheel drive when you are looking for a transfer case seal needs to be kicked in the shins and sent down to McDonald's for employment.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I've worked as a mechanic I'm not stupid.

[/ QUOTE ] Honestly, how meny parts counter personal can say that ??? The vast majority wouldn't know what a torque wrench is without looking it up on thier computer, and even then they wouldn't know what it's used for.

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I've worked as a mechanic I'm not stupid.

[/ QUOTE ] Honestly, how meny parts counter personal can say that ??? The vast majority wouldn't know what a torque wrench is without looking it up on thier computer, and even then they wouldn't know what it's used for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah I'm not touchy at all. It's cool. I admit, most parts guys are stupid, but just wanted to explain that even good parts guys make mistakes. I certainly make my share.