Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!! GET READY DOODS !! ..... I just went shopping :cool:

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Greg72, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Well I've been dreaming about it for a long time.....

and today I finally had enough money saved in the "K5 Piggy Bank"......

....to buy myself a new tubing bender and tubing notcher setup! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I went with the Pro-Tools M105 HD Bender and three dies (2", 1.5", and 1")....
    and the Williams Low-Buck Notcher (Punch-style, not hole saw style) with all the dies to cut from 1" - 2.5" tube!

Shipping on most of this stuff is from Florida, so I won't have anything for at least a week. But you guys might as well start thinking of cool things you want made....

I'm going to be looking for excuses to use this new "toy" as much as possible....!

Also, I'm going to need to locate a local source for DOM and HREW tubing... the cheaper the better. If someone has a "connection" for this type of thing (Kid Jethro?, Chaz?, Scott?)....let me know! I'd like to get some materials here before the machine arrives, so I'm ready to "bend stuff" the day it arrives!!!

Can I get a YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ?!?!?!?
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEFREAKINGHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
    Ya Baby!!
    I want to add 'outriggers' to my sliders for xtra pertecion. then I want to add to my current 6ptcage. Like bottom bar & seat mounts all joined together!
    Way Cool Brother!!!
    That is in

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FAWKIN HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I want some slider's (something closer to the body then my nerf bars) and a roll bar like DuneRunners!! It's gonne be /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

WWEEEELLLLLL...YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE greg I think I might even have to wander in from the valley to your house...Can you sya roll cage...mike...I know you can ... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

I am gona cut the roof and back of the cab and bed out and wana build a cage in the bed im gona make a 5 seater and still have room for my camping stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    i will even buy the burgers and put in to the greg doubler fund

6. Greg72

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i will even buy the burgers and put in to the greg doubler fund

[/ QUOTE ]

YESSSSSS ! Now we're talkin' !!!!!

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Awsome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif First on the list is Exoskelaton &amp; Full Cage /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif! J/K! LOL! Have fun makin new projects! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Bill

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Greg...

Whats up my BEST FRIEND?!

Yeah... you know i'll throw some money your way for bending some tubes for me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Rock sliders and a rear cage, and tubes that tie into the frame are on the list, but it may be a while....
    I let you get really good on everyone else's stuff and then I'll be over. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Greg72

Ryan,

Don't forget.....once you get some "properly bent" rear cage bars..... I've also got a nice set of "drop in" subwoofer boxes that are perfect for a 1st Gen!

10. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

You got pic's of this bender and what was the offest...=$$$ cost..Got my pic yet(for sale)...lol /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Well Well Well.......Glad to hear it. What time does the shop open? I would like to make something up like Frizz's sliders. I took off the other ones to hack off the "U" shape step and add. some thicker stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif STYLE. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

my only connections for tube would me marmon/keystone in sacramento or Tube Service in milpitas...i dont know if they are wholesale only or not..but you can give em a call and find out...the number for tube service is 408-946-5500 we havent purchased anything from them in years but i know they are still in busisnes because driveline service still buys from them...i think Tube Service would be your best bet anyway...marmon/keystone is very proud of their tube if ya know what i mean

13. Greg72

Mike,

PLEASE tell me you're joking...! I sent you an e-mail this morning....that post with the pic was deleted because I ran out of space in the gallery. I can take a new one if you (seriously) want it....no problemo. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The M105 is on www.pro-tools.com ....specifically here
    The "HD" version is just a thicker steel version of the normal bender....more durable when bending 2" stuff.

As always, I spent more than I wanted between the bender, dies, and notcher...but I know that I got GOOD STUFF, so it will last forever, and do a quality job.

14. Greg72

Ken,

Time to get SERIOUS with your sliders! No more pipe....just real TUBING from now on!.....

Just figure out what you want, and how you want it to look and attach to the truck, and I'm sure we can get it built!
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

PLEASE tell me you're joking...! I sent you an e-mail this morning....that post with the pic was deleted because I ran out of space in the gallery. I can take a new one if you (seriously) want it....no problemo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I got the email...lol..emailed you back ..I didnt check the mail all day my bad... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Sweet! Color me jealous! At least I only live right down the street from you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hey Greg, there was someone from here, I've got there e-mail addy running around somewhere that works for a steel supply place up in Stockton? that told me $2.50 a foot for 1.75" DOM. Maybe we could work a group buy? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well greg, i count 8 new "bestest friends" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

my father has almost all the tapes dubbed for you, i'll try to drop them off tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i ended up having a few too many :beer: last night....again /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

i just want to get that cage mocked up so i can show you my master plan

19. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

so i can show you my master plan

[/ QUOTE ]

I tell you pinky that we will conqure the would...Someday... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Greg72

Yep.....with enough pipe cleaners we can conquer the whole planet!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

If this joke doesn't make sense, you'd better talk to Zakk directly!