Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Get rid of my Dana 60 Front Axel?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by IronMan, Jan 28, 2003.

1. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

I have a Dana 60 front axel that came with my 83' Chevy. I'm running a 6 inch lift, with a ORD Double rotated flat. I'm thinking of selling my axel and getting one just like it (kinpins and outters)reverse cut with and ARB /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. What do you guys think? If so, what do you think would be a good price for the 60?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hey, reverse rotation. i wish.
    i eould do it. especialy if you can sell your existing 60 to almost cover the new one.
    i dont know what all is in your 60, but i have seen them go from 300 all the way up to 1500. depending on whats in them. even more for some.
    grant

3. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

It has 4:10's with an open diff. 96k miles. Good brakes, but crappy auto locking hubs.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have seen them go for around 500 or more.
    if you want to get rid of it fast i would put it on here for about 500.
    But, you cold make more off it. some in close to the same configuration for 800 on here.
    some priced over a grand, but not sure if they sold for that much.
    grant

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'll give you $500.00 for it right now.......

6. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

You can sell it all day long for $500.
    I wouldn't sell it for less than $800 personally, and even then I think that's a lowball price.
    -- Mike

7. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

With your location (CA) I'd expect you'd be able to get $1,000+. If it's in good shape with calipers and spring plates.

I never paid that much /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif, but you'd be suprised at the number of people that will. I know several that have paid that kind of money. Some people just don't know when/where too look, don't have time or the patience. If I NEEDED a D60 I would pay the $1K for it rather than bust a bunch of D44s while on the trail. Might be a little more up front, but blocking a trail with broken front end parts makes it look not as bad.

BTW, a "good" price is the $250 I paid recently for dodge D60 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. I'd call it rape but a salvage yard sold it to me.