Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

get up and go problem

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hailey, Dec 2, 2002.

1. hailey

hailey Registered Member

I've got a 72k5 completely stock with 72,000 miles. the carb was rebuilt about 2 yrs ago, but has only about 3,000 miles on the rebuild. the other day i floored it on the interstate, and it bogged down. when i backed off a little, it would still do it. i had to completely take my foot off the gas for it to stop. for the next few minutes, it would still bog if i gave it gas. it was fine at crusing speed, but any more than that it would bog. i thought it was bad gas, but i filled it up with 93 2 times since. it was fine last night, but started again this morning. any ideas? thanks

hailey

2. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

1st thing check your fuel filter. Then there's a list of things after that. Anything from the fuel system to timing.

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    I agree...replace that fuel filter.That's classic signs of a clogged or dirty filter.
    Make sure your distributor is tight and hasn't slipped.
    Check vacume line's and make sure they are connected and intact,especially the vacume line going to your distibutor's vacume advance canister. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif