Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Get well card suggestions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Feb 8, 2005.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

delete this

Jesus christ, Canmore. You have zero compassion at all, and it makes me sick.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

That's a tough one. I do not know what to tell you here. I would think hard and write a few drafts until you are happy with what you wrote. Then, and most importantly...have someone else read it too be sure it conveys what you are trying to say.

Emotion and meaning can get easily mixed up and you could end up sounding crass or unthoughtfull.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Keep it simple. Say what you mean in plain english. Sleep on it before you send it. It's always ashame when someone gets hurt who truely does not deserve it.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I thought you did pretty well already. Tell her all the good memories you have of her, things that stand out in your mind. Tell her you are concerned and hope your small donation will help, if there's anything else you can do to let you know. Let her know your thinking about her and you care. I think she will be thrilled just to hear from you, that in itself will be uplifting to her.

Just be honest like you were in your post. When people care enough to see how your doing - well you know that boosts your spirits.

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Very sorry to hear about this Tim :frown1:

Just write to her what is on your heart as plainly as possible. Now's not the time to be concerned about how you think it will make you look, just be honest. You obviously care about her, she sounds like a wonderful person.....

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

As somebody who recently went though something similar myself, i can tell you this. Keep it simple, let her know that you hope she gets better, are sorry for what happened, and havent forgotten about her since HS. Dont write it like its the end of the world for her, but also not like everything is gonna be fine in a couple days. If this doesnt make sense, PM me, i can probobally get a couple specific examples for you.

I hope she gets well, its a shame that its always the good who suffer:(

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Complete and utter honesty, just say what you said her, but longer and less harsh on some points. In long rambling the truth usually comes out, and that's the best thing to know

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Please remember this for the future, Timmay.......:deal:

9. Can Can

Kinda like calling my wife a MILF?:surepal:

I find it odd that of all people, you are demanding that other members refrain from speaking thier mind in one of your posts, especially when you'll tromp through someone else's whenever you get the urge to do so.

Back to the topic at hand, I sure hopeyour schoolmate is able to get through these tough times. She's got a lot of living to do yet!!!! It's great that the community is doing what they can to help.

10. Can Can

Or what?

11. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Why the hell are you asking a bunch of wheelers what to write on a get well card? If you want it to mean something let it be from your heart, not ours because we can't possibly know what you are feeling since we do not know this girl.

Also, what Canmore said is no worse than the things you have said, inappropriate for this thread, but you only make it worse when you bitch about it. What goes around, comes around.

12. Can Can

Well, seeing how you're a friend of Tim's, my respect for YOU just disappeared about 30 seconds ago too. What a coincidence.

Thanks for reinforcing my point. It's pretty pathetic that he can only be like this once in a blue moon, don't you think.

As far the drinking goes, you're just jealous because I can buy my own alcohol without getting carded.

Now, quit cutting into my cigar time. I'm all done. Let Timmay fight his own battles- as you can attest, he's more than capable.

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ooooh, insinuation that Can Can's a drunk, nice try at a hidden insult

Kind of sad when you have to use someone elses tragedy to get some respect for yourself

14. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Kind of what I was thinking but didn't want to say it. It seemed like an attempt to humanize himself from the very beginning.

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Nonsense. I actually was doing a search online trying to find an article on this, but all I found was that she was on the high honor roll at the local college for four straight semesters. :crazy:

Either way this was a dead serious post and canmore soiled it.

16. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Then Tim should think about what he writes before he does.

Having said that, I am truly sorry, Tim, that your friend has to go through this. Instead of just sendin a card and or money would it be outside the realm of possibility to pay her a visit and maybe cheer her up in person?

Just a thought. Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do.:)

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Honestly, I don't know. That's the first thought that came to mind. I wanted to go see her in person. I called my friend (the firefighter that was there when this all happened) and I'm going to ask him if that would be appropriate. Maybe he'd want to go with me too, in a sense I'm kinda scared to see her like she is right now. I know if I was like that, I'd be so thankful that someone that I hardly know and only spoke with at school wanted to come and visit me though, so I'm going to do it if I can. I figure she doesn't get visitors very often and I'm sure it will make her happy to go see her. I just hope she remembers me, with a brain injury it's hard to say whether she will or not.

I'm 21 years old and I've never had this happen to me before. When you're young you feel invincible, as if nothing can happen to anyone your own age. Luckily nobody I know has come back in a bag from Iraq, they've all made it with no serious injuries. I didn't think this would happen to someone around me and I found it to be a major slap in the face. That's why I posted up, I was just so confused as to how to deal with this. I've lost family members, but they were all old and had lived a long, happy life. This girl is 20 years old-younger than me, and she can't even speak one word because of this accident.

I can't say I've ever felt like this, ever. It just makes me so thankful that everything is ok with my family. That said, I just want to do what I can for her.

My friend hasn't called me back. I know he visited her in the hospital right away after it happened. I had asked about her a few months ago when he was here because I was just curious how she was doing (I had no idea this happened) and he told me what happened. I got htis letter in the mail today and it was, well......I'm pretty sure how I felt when I opened that envelope has been pretty well covered in this thread.

Of all the things that I've thought were a big deal that ever happened to me in my life (lost money, lost a stupid $10 an hour job, lost a girlfriend, etc.) it all just brings it down to earth when someone your own age nearly loses their life.

18. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I didnt get to read your original post, but from reading between the lines I think I know what happened. Send me a PM, I had a friend in high school that had a brain injury from a bad car wreck.

19. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Damn! I went to bed before this drama broke.

Timmay, we really need a crying emoticon just for you. You treat everyone else like a jerk, so you get treated like a jerk. What do you really expect? You are the king of writing innapropriate comments in someone else's thread around here, but you get all butt hurt, grab your ball, and go home crying when somebody makes comments in your threads. Someday you will learn to think before typing.

20. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Go. See her in person, this is part of growing up. From what you've written you know its the right thing to do but fear is holding you back. You conquor fear by doing what you fear most. Im sure this will be a huge growing experience for you, will definately encourage her family and possibly encourage her depending on how much of her surroundings she recognizes. This is will "one of those times" you will regret if you dont act.

Gods speed to you.