Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Get YOUR K5 in a video game!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Hey I got this letter in mail and was wondering if anyone would like to help this fella out. I don't have a video camera and its more of a city truck than some of you rock crawlers out there so I figure we might give some CK5 monsters.

Hey, what's up? My name is Kevin Anderson and I am an Engineering student at PennState University. For my senior year project each group has to design a simulation game of some kind. I saw in your profile that you have a Chevy Truck.

My group is making an off-road racing simulation game. We got most of the graphics done and I have to work on the sound track. Maybe you could help me out...Do you have a video camera? I need the sounds of the truck for the digital soundtrack, mainly the motor.

All you have to do is start up the truck and rev it up and maybe drive it a little bit. It's real simple. The game is just a school project, but I can give you a copy when it is all done...

Here is what I need done:

There are 3 main parts to the video, in every part KEEP THE CAMERA ON THE GAS THE WHOLE TIME! If you can, this would be a great help, switch shoes for everyone scene. If you can wear just sox for the starting part, sneakers for the revving, and boots for the driving part that would make it easier for me to go through the tape and tell what is what.

The first part I need is the starting part. Start the camera and show how you have to pump the gas to get it started and then rev it up to keep it going and warm it up. If the truck floods or stalls at all thats perfect, I can use those sounds too!!

The next part is the revving part. Sit in the truck and just rev it up, the more you can get on it the better, the louder the better. Just rev it up like you normally would, you dont have to do it slow or anyway differant. If you can, really get on it.

The final part is the driving part. If you can have someone tape you driving it. If you can floor it and really get on it that would be cool. If you can get about 10-15 minutes total of tape that would be perfect, or if you get more that is cool. We can use anything. If you know anyone with a cool truck like yours or if a buddy wants to help you out make some more tape that way. If you want to get anything else cool on the tape go ahead to, shots of you and your truck, smokin up the tires, or just playin' thats all good too. All in all its pretty easy to do. If you have any other questions let me know.

When you are done send the tape to:

Kevin Anderson
    P.O. Box 9022
    Erie, PA 16505-8022

ChevyMud77@aol.com

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

2. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I got this e-mail twice so far.. I dunno what to make of it.. I wouldn't let them put my swiss cheese truck in a game anyway.. poor truck needs help!
    [​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://billybob.coloradok5.com>http://billybob.coloradok5.com</A>
    If it ain't leaking oil, it ain't my truck![​IMG]

3. ChevyMud77

ChevyMud77 Registered Member

Hey guys, I have been getting a lot of email replies about my project, here are some more details of exactly what it is I need...

First, start recording with the camera before you get into the truck, then climb in the truck, and aim the camera on the gas pedal. Start pumping the gas, if you can sit and pump it for a few minutes that is perfect, pump it fast and to the floor...After a few minutes of this...

Start up the truck, if it is flooded from the section before and is hard to start, just keep on pumping it, I can use the sounds of the pedal being pumped and the starter trying to crank it over. The more of this sound you can get the better!

When you finally get it started up, rev it up! Make sure you really get on it, rev it up hard!! The harder and louder it is the better! With all of these parts, just keep the camera on the gas. Rev it up for a few minutes...

Then if you can drive and hold the camera, or have someone else tape for you, get shots of the pedal while you are driving, again, make sure you get on it and floor it as much as you can. Be careful when you do this part, don't put yourself in any danger or hurt anyone else, find a road that is safe to do this on...

When you are all done, make sure the tape is either on VHS or VHS-C, I cannot use 8mm tapes because I dont have an 8mm camera. Also, when you send the tape, you must send it through the post office! They have FREE video mailer boxes there, UPS and FedEx will NOT deliver to a P.O. Box. So make sure you send it through the regular post office.

Send it to:

Kevin Anderson
    P.O. Box 9022
    Erie, PA 16505-3359

I am sending you a free CD copy of the game when it is all done so you can play with it and see what its like. If you don't mind us using it, get some shots of you and your truck in the video, I would like to add them into the credits at the end of the game. If you have any other friends that maybe could help you with this or have loud cars or trucks get them to help too, the more video you can get for me the better! And if you want to do anythin extra, like powerbraking, more revving, anything like that, that is cool, just keep the camera on the gas...

Thanks again, if you need anything else or have any questions please let me know...

Later

Kev

4. Whassup

Whassup 1/2 ton status

I'd be happy to do this for you, I just need to borrow a camera from a relative. I'll see if i can get one within the next two days and I'll start taping.

"There's NO replacement for displacement!"

5. jerseymudder

jerseymudder Registered Member

I JUST BORROWED MY MOM'S CAMERA WHEN MINE WENT DOWN. I WAS MAD I COULDN'T WATCH MY MUD VIDEO, NOW I'M MADDER. VIDEO GAMES ARE ADDICTION NUMBER 2, IT WOULD BE AWESOME TO HELP A GAMER WITH MY TRUCK.