Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

get'n a u-joint shudda been easy- HA not for me it's not!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudNurI, Jun 2, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

get\'n a u-joint shudda been easy- HA not for me it\'s not!

A few weeks ago- the pinion nut fell off again- and this time decided to take my u-joints life away with it.

no problem- run down to the parts store get a new joint. Easy enough.

Finally today have no choice but to put it in as the grand am has to go in tomorrow for service.....2 hours later, I notice John's truck at the parts store- hmmm weird..... I pull in....it's not the right U-joint....all 4 caps are small, mine are 2 small 2 very large...

Guy behind the counter is trying- really he is....brings back an armload of u-joints- NADA.....pulls out the book- thinks he's found it- not at this store- calls down 2 towns- they've got one- they send it up- john goes back after lunch- nope wrong one- same thing happens after dinner- NADA no u-joint.

So the truck sits, no driveshaft, car's appointment get's cancelled, and I'm once again wondering- exactly WHY did I want this truck?

I call the PO- ask him WTF did he do to get this U-joint- he says he might still have a box downstairs from it, he goes and looks- nope that aint the right one....tells me- Just tell them "76 pick up- and the driveshaft is from an 86 K5"...DUUUUHHHHH dont you think I did that.???

in the end- he said he'd go down to the parts store tomorrow and get the right one. YA SURE!

Maybe by Paragon this damn truck will be moved off my lawn.

Brandy

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: get\'n a u-joint shudda been easy- HA not for me it\'s not!

Now what kind of conversion issues do ya got going on here?

I can tell ya that for a 14 bolt shaft, 12 bolt yoke, it's NAPA 348.........Can't remember what the 10 bolt to 12 bolt conversion joint is, even though I have it right now.

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

thats the east coast way...et sued to it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

so will you be at the ucp run this year?
    i'll see you there, how many trucks are you bringing? stepping up from the quads?

later

4. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

If you have a 86 drive shaft and a 12 bolt rear diff. you need the conversion u-joint. I bought mine at autozone, the number was 3130.