Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

getrag-205 adapter/shifter adapter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by avgjoe, Dec 26, 2002.

1. avgjoe

avgjoe Registered Member

My newer style tranny ('94 muncie getrag-5 spd-Lo, 1,2,3,OD) has the X-fer case adapter made onto it. Long story, but just trust me, I'm gonna have to make a 1.5" spacer between the tranny & x-fer because the input/output shafts bottom out too early. Now the hard part the tranny doesn't have a place to mount the shifter for the 205. So, without having to fab my own does anyone have any ideas or know who makes one?
    Any questions feel free to ask, it might take a bit to explain. I don't yet have a digital camera!
    The spacer I can handle if I must, but if someone makes a bracket for the shifter it would save a lot of time.

2. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

UUUH...corect me if i'm wrong, but couldn't you just cut the output shaft to the right length

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

That is the other option, yes

4. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

It seems a hell of a lot easier and cheaper. Ive done this in a vintage bronco swaping from a 3speed to a 4speed and it worked perfectly.

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

so is it a Muncie or a Getrag?
    must be Getrag