Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gettin' a D60/14bFF next week

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by txfiremank5, Sep 9, 2004.

1. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Jul 6, 2004
    Gettin\' a D60/14bFF next week

Well, I had a guy who was going to rebuild & sell me a D60 for a very good price. But, he only found one with a DRW, and that would have added around 350 to the price. With shipping it would have been a bit much.

So, I found a different deal. I'm meeting a guy next week to see the axles. They are:

D60 front, complete w/ rotors pads, spring plates, warn premium lifetime hubs, open carrier. The carrier is cracked, but he has a new one in the box ready to install. 4.10 gears. He wants $1000 for it.

14bFF rear, complete, 4.10's, w/ detroit, drums etc, and spring plates. $350

I didn't try to get a better price since he agreed to meet me halfway, which saves me a lot of driving.

So, sound like a pretty fair deal? I thought it was pretty good. I think the better part of the deal is the price on the 14b and not so much the D60.
  2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dec 27, 2002
    Re: Gettin\' a D60/14bFF next week

Go with it. by the time you wait to find a better deal it might take forever. besides a grand today is about the going rate for a 60.not a bad price on the 14 bolt with a locker. spend the loot though and do a disk brake conversion. well worth the extra stopping power and weight savings.