Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gettin a lift for my 76 k5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76k5Blazer, Dec 5, 2002.

1. 76k5Blazer

76k5Blazer 1/2 ton status

im lewking to lift my 76 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifk5blazer 4 inches or so i was reading that you have to get a drag link and and pitman arm if you go six inches or higher ???
    ADDGM8 73-76 1/2 ton 4" Lift (Eliminators) $299.95
    i was lewking at this 4 inch lift on 4wheelparts.com
    if you know of anywhere else i can get a lift cheaper let me know.
    thanks wes

2. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Fellow Tracyite!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif From what I hear about that lift it sucks. It rides real harsh and does not flex. Just spend a little more and you can get alot more quality.

3. 76k5Blazer

ya im in tracy offa corral hollow on the way to carnigie srva
    we should go kick it at carnigie some time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have a 76 K5. I really recomened saving up for a better lift. I see alot of people install a 4" lift, just to take it out a few years later for a 6" lift. Everyone told me I'd wanta go higher. I skipped the 4" and went strait to a 6" lift. I love my 6" lift !!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You may wanta think about going 6" . I'm running Superlift springs up front, and soon to be Springer Suspension in the rear. Another thing to think about is swapping out your 1/2 Ton axles for some 3/4 Ton axles or even 1 Ton axles at the same time your installing the lift. You'll need deeper gears if you're going to run larger tires, and most of the time you can find the 3/4, or 1 Ton axles with the right gears already in them.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

www.offroaddesign.com
    You need to put a raised steering arm at 4 inches of lift. Most 4 inch springs are closer to 5 inches. on the street it's close to ok but if you wheel and get major flex the drag link can bind. My truck has 2.5 inch rancho's and it close to 4 inches of lift and I had that problem.
    Call ORD .... he's the best in the buisness when it comes to K5's. You might want to get your membership before ordering. he gives discounts to paid members that will more than pay for the membership /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. 76k5Blazer

well im a paying member now /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Kewl.
    Steve hand process them so it may be tomorrow before he gets you set up.

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well rough country sells one about the same price..and its probobly better..cause i have never really haerd anything bad about them exept for them riding a little rough...but hey...its a truck!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif..i will be getting the RC lift soon myself..

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If I was going to get a new lift, I'd seriously look at BDS

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmm..hve to stop by my local shop and see what there prices are...i know they sell BDS there...but i dot know how much there 4" systems go for...if they were cheap enough..i would buy one..considering its right here..

11. 76k5Blazer

hmm i wonder if 4wheelparts carries rough country