Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gettin closer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by POWERMAD, Feb 11, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Swapped out the stock intake for the Weiand Stealth, hooked up the exhaust, alt and powersteering, dropped in the distributer and dropped a 650 Holly on top of it all.
    Installing the clutch and stabbing the tranny/t-case tomorrow if all goes as planned.
    Then redo all the wiring under hood and get some shafts made.
    I must say this lil project would be going much faster if I remembered where I stashed everything. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    As long as both axles are turning by the 28th I'm happy.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Sweet, Way to go Ron. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    That clutch does havea 1 year warrenty, but I left the receipt here /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Hee hee that intake and carb looks badass sittin on top. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I didn't want to run a Holly but Ken and I were talkin about wether or not the 750 Ebrock I have would be too much.
    So he dug out a nice shiny 650 vac secondary man choke to try out.
    I think that with the 624 heads and a better cam I could use the 750 later on.
    Too bad the engine is a faded blue and kinda crusty lookin, cause that intake looks sweet.
    I shouldn't have any trouble hearing the secondaries open up with this plant.
    And yes I am still runnin the Hole master mufflers. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

yeah that intake had minutes on it not miles /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    my motor is now the opposite of that; coated headers, k-n filter on a air intake system and a flat black painted intake,LOL.

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

ha I went and hit the intake with the acid wash and it realy stands out now.
    It's all cosmetic anyway. as long as she thumps I don't realy care what it looks like.
    But when I closed the hood and walked away it did look undeniably badass.