Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gettin my 35's.. have some questions..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by emoo99, Feb 5, 2003.

1. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

gettin my 35\'s.. have some questions..

I've got and 86 with a 350 in it.. stock just about everything, i think it's like 3.05 gears but don't quote me on that.. i have no lift on it and am getting some 15x9 rims to fit some 35x12.5x15's.. i don't plan on flexing at all, mostly a daily driver.. i plan on cutting my fenders some and getting fender flares, i want some wheel spacers too, so my tires stick out about one inch on each side,, my question is if i cut my fenders then put the fender flares on will you be able to tell that i cut the fenders? also how much will those fenders need to be cut if it just a daily driver? i think Greg72 has a k5 with 35's and stock suspension? Greg if ya out there lemme know, and what should i do about the gears? i'm not rock crawling or anything so could i run stock gears too? .. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

Re: gettin my 35\'s.. have some questions..

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif you are going to cut a tire, or peel a fender right off. i have a 4 inch full suspension lift, and i could tear up a tire or two before i trimmed a little, and after that i still rub. i would say that you can trim quite a bit and hide it with flares. you will have to cut about 1-1.5" on each side of the wheel well. just dont try and pull up on a curb /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif don't say that.. i still wanna hop curbs once in a while, that takes the fun out of having a truck.. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif any other opinions out there?

4. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I am sorry. I have a 4 inch lift and 35s and rub when i flex while turning. I could use to take an inch off too. I dont think flares would cover up as much as you need to take off. Also you will have to buy longer wheel studs to have some back spacing. I had like a quarter inch spacer on the rear so the rims would clear my brake drums, and it wasnt a week before my wheel fell off.

5. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

greg72 has said before that his stock k5 on 35s does NOT see any offroad time. thats what the 72 is for /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

No more answers from me until you fill out your profile.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[​IMG]