Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gettin my welds bead locked

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rdn2blazer, Oct 25, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i took the day off yesterday (Monday)to go on a field trip with my son to a pumkin patch. when we got home there was enough time to load up my Weld ss II's and run them down to OMF to get them bead locked. going to run the scalloped lock rings. will take about 2 to 3 weeks. the aluminum "domes" that they sell to protect the bolt and aid in climbing that you can put on any of there rims, i told the guy i only wanted one, ofcourse it takes 12 per wheel, he said ONE? i told him i was going to make them out of Titanium and so I didn't have to design them myself I wanted tu just use theres to copy machine. so he said no problem and gave me one as a sample. i thought that was pretty cool. i will post pics when i get them back. i am going to have the rims powder coated after i have them bead locked.

2. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

the wheels are aluminum right? how much are you paying to get the locks welded on?

3. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

yes they are aluminum wheels. unfortunantly there was no "show discount" at this years OFFRAOD EXPO but oh well, i still wanted to get them. out the door is $1193.34. for 5 rims. ain't cheep but i think there locks are bitchen.

4. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

next time you want to put locks on some alum wheels, buy the locks and send them to me and i will weld it on for half the price of anywhere else...