Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

getting a drivers window out?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four_by_ken, Sep 19, 2001.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I have a spare door that I am going to take the window out... problem...

It has power windows, but they do not work. How do I get the window out without being able to roll the window down?

I am going to resort to cutting things if I cant find another way.

Thanks
    Ken H.

'78 K5 in process

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Just unbolt the 2 nuts and 2 bolts that hold the motor assembly to the door and the 2 bolts that hold the window channel at the rear of the door. The window should basically fall out at that point.

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Use a hammer!

No really, just make up some jumper wires and use a battery. Connect the wires up and just hit the battery for a sec and see which way the motor will be turning. If its going up reverse polarity and try again. That should be down unless the window or motor are frozen and wont move.

If thats the case, and the motor or window tracks are frozen get the hammer! LOL! Or you could just disassemble the door to get it out as posted before. Either way will work.

I get all the exercise I need pushing my luck! [​IMG]

4. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Actually, you must remove the motor to allow the rollors to slide out of the tracks in the window. If lowering the window allowed the motor assembly to seperate from the window, then every time you lowered your window you'd have problems [​IMG] [​IMG]