Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

getting a great deal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cris, May 29, 2003.

1. cris

cris Registered Member

not bragging just happy I'm getting a 78 1 ton truck with EvERyTHING but one rear leaf spring by that I mean a dana 60 14b ff 454(flat cams bummer) th400 and the weird thing is it has a np203 that I don't think was stock any ways I'm putting alot of this on my burb /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif and I wanted to sell the tranny I will have two now and get a 4l80 and convert the 454 to throttle body Does anyone now a year where there ever was a 454 and 4l80e combo because yeah I need a computer I don't even know what to look in or if it exist. I had a buddy with a 95 454don't know the tranny he had it was a custom 2500. that would be cool if anyone had a spare ecu but if not if anyone knows the answer to my question it would be help full. thanx

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

are you SURE it's a D60 front? somewhere in the mid 70's they still ran D44's up front in the one tons. Don't want to cry wolf too soon, but you might should make sure before committing...That said, good score, sounds like a lot of NICE hardware.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think '77 was the first year for the front 60... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

4l80e started in 91 I believe and up until 95 the 454 were TBI, so I would assume a ecm from 91-95 would work... You can also buy a standalone computer from GM or JET for around 900 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

203 was available in 1 tons. That case is a LOT stronger then people give it credit for. It's a LOT stronger then a 208 and 208's came in 1 tons.

Best doaner for the engine tranny combo you want is 91 Crewcab 4x4. The FI harness is for the most part a lay in deal. Might even want to grab all the electrical out of the doaner truck and swap it over. It would all be a bolt in. You will also need the SPeedo because the 4l80 ran the VSS at the tranny and the Speedo was electric not cable (I think and If I'm wrong then you still need the Speedo because the VSS is in the Speedo just like my 88 3/4 454 burb). That will be the only 4x4 in the same body style that came with the 4l80. You could not get a Burb with a 4x4 and 454 till the 90's. Let me make that very clear...NO BURBs had FOUR WHEEL DRIVE and 454 with the 73-91 body.

6. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Let me make that very clear...NO BURBs had FOUR WHEEL DRIVE and 454 with the 73-91 body.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think that my have been said before? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

7. cris

cris Registered Member

yeah I know what I'm saying is mine will have a 454 and a 4l80e and 4x4 theres nothing stopping me but cash anyways thanks to all oh yeah it is for sure a dana 60 I used to work for a shop Lonestar off road in San antonio tx any way buddy randy who work with me bought it for a diffent truck he has to many project and the Company went under so he need $$$ im thinking of selling alot of the parts so if anyone can think of anything they want off the trucl let me know I think its pretty complete and stock not sure in condition of interior im hopefully I'll get it sunday. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. cris

cris Registered Member

oh yeah did gm ever put a MPFI on a 454s from the factory stock. I know you can buy big block ram jets with multi port but I really don't have that cash and have alot better things to put my money tward not that they are bad in any way just still need more tires, metal, seats custom covered, int. work a working radio /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif more guages etc yall know! Thanks