Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting aggrivated

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Ok so 2 WEEKS AGO I ordered and paid for my lift. Now I will take the hit for using ebay but I got a good deal (or so I thought.) Got an e-mail Monday after bitching about it being over a week and I had no shipping information on my lift.

They told me the lift was on backorder because of the raised steering arm. They can't ship any of the lift until they get those in.

So I started deconstruction today (will get pics and put in a diff post tomorrow) but I still have heard NOTHING on the status of the lift.

Anybody know ever order a lift and find out is on backorder..........how long am I looking at.

The dang auction said 10 available but also said some items may be backorder.......guess i am just lucky.

I don't want my money back, which I wouldn't get anyway but what can I do??? Can I call rough country direct even though it was ordered through a wholesaler??

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

if its a rough country lift cancel the order and get your money back and then get a Tuff country EZ ride lift or a BDS lift. I don't know about the price but I bet they are close. Rough Country is called that for a reason.

3. Quackaddict

yeah I ordered off ebay so I can't get my money back. I called rough country myself and they said 800 steering arms were sent to the wrong place and then the company took over a week to call RC and tell them they had them so they should be there sometime within the week or early next week.

They did offer an alternative that they could use a new draglink instead of a steering arm but it was Superlifts draglink and was an extra $100 which I ain't got so guess I am stuck until next week.

4. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

don't run a dropped draglink. it will eventually twist itself on its side and then it's the same as a straight one.

5. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

there are raised steering arms on here for sale all he time, usually cost about 40 bucks. I hate to hear that about the ebay store screwing you over. Maybe they'll ship it out soon.

I think with a 4" lift, you can technically adjust your stock drag link enough to make it usalble/ driveable, then you could screw it back shorter when you're able to find a raised steering arm.. that is if they'll ship the kit without the raised arm..

PS: also I've heard that RC brand steering arms don't always fit perfectly, and you might have to grind just a wee bit off the side, but it may not always be that way..

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I know for a fact the arm that came with my Rough Country lift didn't fit. One of the 3 holes was drilled about 3/16" off and it wouldn't even fit over the studs. The stock one fit fine and so did a spare raised arm that my friend had. I just used his instead of dealing with sending the wrong one back.

I will never again buy or recommend a Rough Country lift to anyone.

:mad:

7. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a Rough Country and it's just fine. I have no way to compare to BDS or TC, but they beat the crap out of the stock worn out springs I had. Who did you order from? I got mine off TopGunzCustoms on ebay, and had no problems with them. I think they arrived in about 4 days.

I feel your frustration though. The shackle flips I ordered from a member here took a month to get here. But, it all worked out, and am sure will for you too.

8. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

rough country is just that, its kinda rough. (stiff that is). TC and BDS have much softer spring rates. It just depends, if you do more towing and regular driving than offroading, it might just be the ticket for you.

9. Quackaddict

I called rough country and I guess you can't blame them for the delivery driver sending the steering arms to the wrong place...........I would think if I was a major corporation I would notice that a shipment of 800 steering arms was missing.

I don't blame the people on ebay however if I had ordered it straight from the manufacturer I would know it was on backorder and not ordered....should have checked that first.

I just take this as a lesson learned but it kills me cause I need to get this lift in ASAP or I am going to be too busy to get to it.

10. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I ended up getting Rough Country 4" lift springs up front, and they are sooo much better than my old stock worn out ones.. With the stiffer spring rate of RC's, you know they'll never sag or lose lift. I personally think they flex pretty dang good too. You might want to find a different steering arm though.. keep an eye out on the classifieds here, they go for cheap all the time.

11. Quackaddict

Well got the good news this morning. They ebay guy called rough country and he got them to ship the lift without the steerig arm, then he got a raised steering arm from Pro-Comp for it. Lift will be delivered on Monday, steering arm on Wednesday.:laugh:

12. Quackaddict

And the hits just keep on coming..........

Got my e-mail saying my lift had been shipped so this afternoon I go on UPS.com and find out my lift is sitting at UPS in Mesquite, TX (all of 20 min from my house). It is set to be delivered on Monday so I call and say he fellas I really need this package can I come and pick it up..........

NOPE!!! It is set for ground delivery not 2nd day and if I picked it up that would be 2nd day. Now I could come pick it up on the 3rd day.......but wait that is Saturday and we aren't open.:mad: :mad:

But if I don't want them to deliver it I can go pick it up Monday. I am probably going to go that route so I can pick it up early Monday and get it in vice waiting until UPS comes to my house which is usually later in the afternoon.

Sorry for venting just sucks knowing my lift is 20 miles away and I can't get it and get it in after all the crap I have had to go through with this thing.

13. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

At least you know its almost home. Try not to think about it and it will be at your house before you know it.