Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting close to tearing into my blazer!!!! Any suggestion????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84M1031, Jun 8, 2002.

1. 84M1031

84M1031 Registered Member

I am back.Haven't been here in a while. Anyway, It is a 84 with most of the motor work done. When that is done I have a 4" lift on the way. I have 36" tiers and a locked 14 bolt with a 60 for the front. 205 is also on the way. I can't wait!!!! Still need to know a few thing I would like to know. Should I lock the front with a abr or a no spin? Axles have very low miles, but is there anything else I should check? How strong are the spring perches. I was thinking of gettin new ones made? Other then that I will be getting some ORD goodies and I will start the k5. Any other help or ideas or anything at all would be appreciated. Sorry,it is kind of long.

Thanks a lot Mike

2. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Take lots of pictures!

3. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

This is probably suckin eggs /forums/images/icons/blush.gif (might be good info for those who dont do much wrenching) but I either write up or do a mental list of all the consumables i'll need..sealant, gaskets, circlips, solder, wire, tape, cleaning solvents (by double!), rags, paint, grease, loctite, spring washers etc etc and double check you have them before kicking off. Same goes for parts that might need replacing, as you get into it you'll always find something that could get the heave ho..pick'em up before you start that way its handy and a cinch to replace during the job. If you don't use it you can always take it back for a refund, or add to your spares stockpile in your garage /forums/images/icons/wink.gif .Nothing annoys me more than having to put a job on hold cause its gone overtime and then the shops are shut and then I have to wait till they open up again /forums/images/icons/mad.gif .
    Cant wait till I can get some time to strip my latest toy down.I'm jealous..........enjoy!!

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Are you still going to drive it on the roads in the winter? Locking the front will make it tough to make turns in 4WD even in the summer. That is why I went with the ARB. It's nice to turn it on/off when needed. lockers in the front also reduce your turning ratio so the ARB helps that and adds on board air too.
    Add a cheap tranny cooler to the power steering. It really helped mine. SS brakes lines. If you are keeping the stock fan you will need to modify your shroud for the lift. I used peices of alum. in between the two shroud peices to open it up 4". I can take pictures if you need them. Lot of work ahead of you...good luck.
    Dave