Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting closer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, Apr 17, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

In my attempt to get ready for ECBB, today we got the anti wrap bar done. I definitely won't be bending any springs with this. Will take some pics tomorrow. Total cost is under $100. $20 axle brackets/$30 RE joint/couple spring eye bushings annd about 4ft of .219 wall tubing. Tomorrows projects stgart with rear upper shock mounts, rock sliders and getting the hydro assist mounted. Only have about 4 hours to work on stuff so we'll see how much we get done. As it looks right now I won't have my front locker in and no winch or winch bumper. Will have to tackle those after Tellico.
    As long as it runs and I can play a little it's all good :D

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Dude, same here....Midnight oil all weekend.

Got the steering done (f/r :D ), and decided to clean up for today. I still have some welding, mount winch (if its fixed), adjust wheel bearings, bolt on all 4 hub covers, re-bleed the brakes, get exhaust on, get drive shafts made, zip-tie all the hydro lines....etc, etc.

Plus, there is still the tow rig and trailer that need a few things, but I am optimistic and gonna try like hell...

Plus, I am in charge this week at work, so time off shouldn't be a problem :grin:

Rob "Trying like hell to make it to ECBB"

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Brian, glad to hear your gonna finally put that beast to the test :D

Make sure you get lots of pics for us guys who can't be there :waytogo:

4. big pappa b

Will do :waytogo: It's probably gonna be too bumpy for the wife so I will have her taking pics
    My friend/fab guy makes some REALLY nice welds. I won't claim to take any credit for them. If you hang out on Pirate you may know him. "Heavytlc". He use to compete in rock crawling til he sold his crawler last year. I think he can make just about anything. I've yet to ask a question without getting the full dictionary definition. I'm just glad he's taking his time to help me when he has so much else on his plate right now. I don't have near the tools or space to work on mine. A shop with a lift is very very nice :D

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a great bud to have! I feel the same way about my Dad's shop, he's a great welder and very knowledgeable. Makes wheeling life a lot easier when you have frineds like that :)

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Great going Bryan.

I stopped at the stoplight leaving work tonight. Light turned green and I gave it a little gas and BAM!

No go.............locked in hubs and still no go. Towed 'er home and tomorrow instead of wiring my winch, hard labor by myself. Swap transfer case or tranny or both. Oh well, at least it was in a easy place to leave it and get a ride and tow it, instead of halfway to Tellico or in the middle of there!

7. big pappa b

I'm hoping to get through the summer without doing that. Right now my T-case is stuck in 4 lo. At least it's in 4 lo. I can work with that.

8. 79pen

79pen Registered Member

im glade to hear everyones getting there trucks togther. i did the 5.13s this weekend put a spool in the front and did the spare tire mount . gotta a couple more things to do flush the power steering the spool plays hell on it mount the winch if i can find some steel andf whatever else i can tighten up. so ill see you all up there late fri night .

The Pen

9. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I say I'm ready......just need to figure out why I was blowing gas out of the vent tube. I think I know why so in the morning I'll try to fix it. By wed I'll be loaded and ready to go. I'm heading up Thurs morning and staying untill monday. If anyone coming has an old double eyed steering stab, I could sure use one. I kinda destroyed mine this weekend when I was playing monster truck car crusher. Pics coming in a few. :xmas: I won't be able to sleep this week until we leave, I'm so stoked right now I'm thinking of nothing but Tellico.

10. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, removed the transfer case after screwing around with it a couple of hours. It's in the pile now!

Removed the 208 from the parts K-10 I have in the back yard.

Tomorrow I hope to pull the trans outa both the K-10 and the K-5 and put the 350/208 in the K-5 and get it all to work.

Thought I was ready except the winch wiring. Well...................that's what I get for thinking.

11. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Dropped off both driveshafts today, should be ready tues. eve. I hope, because the truck needs to be at the exhaust place weds. morn.

Hooked up some rock lights, welded some, ran my Rancho 9000 air lines, finished up the front steering, and tons of other small stuff, but still have even more left to do.

I am trying guys....It still looks pretty good as of right now.

Rob