Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting fed up!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear76, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bear76

bear76 1/2 ton status

I've been working on my m1009 for months now. I have made some good progress. I have gotten it started and running, installed a floor shifter as well as a manual column, installed a new fuel filter assembly, converted to 12volt, did some body work (dents) as well as some other odds and ends.

Now I'm at a crossroad. I removed the dash wiring harness to delete the blackout light switches and fix some cut wires from a PO. I think I've done it, but I'm not very good at electrical work. At least at repairing exsisting problems. I feel fairly comfortable at installing new stuff.

Now comes the questions. Painless has an exact fit (with fire wall plug) complete wiring harness for a GAS truck. I like the kit but I'll have to modify it for diesel and it costs $500. There are other companies that make universal kits that use chevy colors and connectors, which will reqiure some mods for my truck. Or, I can beg one of you guys to comeover and help (or do it for me, for a fee). I've also thaught of taking it to a shop and even selling it:crazy: .

Help.

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I dont have any advice for you but boy do i know how you feel!

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

How about a factory diesel K5 blazer wiring harness? That would be your simplest solution. Or buy a good used CUCV harness with no cuts (PM Muddog as he had a couple on Ebay right now). It takes all of a day to change the harness and I'm in the middle of the same process right now, only going back to all original CUCV wiring and switches.