Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting fired up for my "court" date...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Oct 5, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Getting fired up for my \"court\" date...

9+ parking tickets to fight... Thursday night, 7pm. I have a feeling thursday's gonna be a lonnnnnnnnng night, and not a happy one.

Frickin boneheads don't tell you what tickets you're there to fight, just that you must appear (if you plead not guilty).

I'm going in armed with:
    -photos of the 20+ year old worn out/indistinguishable parking stall markings ("Parked outside marked stall" summons')
    -registration card for my '86 Black Blazer (ticket issued to my Blazers' plate, but described on the ticket as a red Chevy sedan /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif)
    -photos of my commuter parking permit on the windshield of my old Nissan (ticket for parking without a commuter parking permit)
    -photos of the faded and unreadable signs regarding parking in stalls and on the grass (ticket for parking on the grass and outside a marked stall)

I'm just all irritable now cause my reminder popped up to prep for the court date, and I have much better things to do than PROVE myself law-abiding because they're hoping I'll just be lazy and pay the tickets (over $400 worth). And, the collection company is screwing with me... They sent a notice today that I owe and am in collections on 2 $45 tix and 3 $135 tix, that I've already plead not guilty to and am waiting for my day in court.

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Getting fired up for my \"court\" date...

Traffic citations are such crap. I swear it's like the burden of proof is on you and not the state every time you go to court for one. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got a letter in the mail last week from the great state of West Virgina saying that I was issued a parking ticket and owe them 120.00 and if I did not pay they would issue a warrant. I called these Asswipes and told them that I have not been in their state for 13 years. Their Response was it is my problem and prove it was not my Truck. I asked this dipsh!t what type discription was on the Ticket. A yellow Truck with Penske on the side. It was a Fawking rental Truck.After arguing for about an hour I got them to run the plate number. WOW it was a mistake, The truck was registered to penske logistics. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i got parking tickets at suffolk community ollege a few times, i just turn my windshield wipers on and let them fly away...what a joke

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah....but these are tickets from 2001 that I'm fighting /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

What burns me up even more is when I respond to one of the letters I received today "PAID 5/5/04, Check your records", then realize I never mailed the check I wrote them 5/5/04 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif...

6. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Good Lord, you're still fighting this?! I remember this from WAAAY back!

Good luck.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Yeah, but I've tacked on a few more /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif...

Amazingly, the tickets have stopped since I started driving a nice car.

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Amazingly, the tickets have stopped since I started driving a nice car.

[/ QUOTE ]

As ludicrous as that is... somehow it doesn't surprise me.

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Well, finally through them... I found 2 I wrote checks out for, where I was actually in the wrong /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif...

Then 5 that I compiled "evidence" for... Hopefully they won't throw something totally out of the blue at me...like unlawful use of parking lights... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

...Well, I settled 7 tickets for $125. I didn't even use any evidence, but I did mention to the judge that I was annoyed to be paying a ticket I KNOW I shouldn't be paying, and for tickets that arent' even mine. I think they bank on you saying "ahh, fork it" with the plea bargaining...

Still, $125 is better than over $300...

11. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

stop breakin the law a$$hole!!!!! j/k /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I just watched Liar Liar and i thought that was funny. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Yeah, that was pretty funny...