Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GETTING MY RANCHO 4IN LIFT AND MY BFG'S PUT ON THIS WEEKEND

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DALE, Jan 10, 2001.

1. DALE

DALE Registered Member

GETTING MY RANCHO 4IN LIFT AND MY BFG\'S PUT ON THIS WEEKEND

HE GUY'S HOW'S EVERTHING? I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE TIRE SHOP AND THE LOCAL SPRING SHOP.THE TIRE GUY ORDERED ME MY 33/10.5/15BFG/AT FOR $115 EA INCLUDES MOUNT AND BALANCE AND NEW VALVE STEM.THEY WILL BE PUT ON SAT.THE GUY AT THE SPRING SHOP SAID IT WOULD COST AROUND $300 TO PUT MY RANCHO SUSP. A 4 IN LIFT,SPRINGS UP FRONT 4IN BLOCK IN BACK,TRANSFER CASE LOWERING KIT,NEW STEERING ARM.6 SHOCKS AND A STEERING STABLEIZER.DID I GET A GOOD DEAL.IS THERE ANY THING I SHOULD TELL THE GUY TO DO WITH MY SUSPENSION WHEN HE PUTS IT IN. THANKS FOR THE HELP

2. saor

saor Newbie

Re: GETTING MY RANCHO 4IN LIFT AND MY BFG\'S PUT ON THIS WEEKEND

Price is right for the tires. Better than right. National Tire sells the tire for $119 without the extras, and you pay shipping.

On the springs, I presume you already paid for the springs. If they're included you gotta better than a good deal. Have 'em watch for pinion angle differences that might need shims

My '72 didn't get anything but the new shocks with the spring change for my 4" lift, and I'm real happy with the results.

3. saor

saor Newbie

Re: GETTING MY RANCHO 4IN LIFT AND MY BFG\'S PUT ON THIS WEEKEND

Price is right for the tires. Better than right. National Tire sells that tire for $119 without the extras, and you pay shipping and mounting.

On the springs, I presume you already paid for the springs. If they're included you gotta better than a good deal. Have 'em watch for pinion angle differences that might need shims. If your's is a spring front and block rear, then the blocks may already be set up for the angle change. Just a thought.

My '72 didn't get anything but the new shocks with the spring change for my 4" lift, and I'm real happy with the results.