Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

getting my truck as low as i can. need input

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, May 20, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ok, right now i have a 6 inch block rear and add a leafs front with i believe rancho shocks all around. i have 35's also. the truck sits about 7 foot or 7"1 now but i have 1 ton axles going on and 37's.

what i had in mind was to get a 4 inch BDS lift for the front and maybe if possible, move the front axle forward an inch.

and Butch from 4x4 iron suggested 5.5 lift for rear to compensate for butt sag but i think that would look funny with the rear higher like that.

my frame should be 30 inches from the ground if possible, that is new hampshire law. so here's my math

now = 7"0

4 inch lift is 2 inches lower but the D60 adds an inch and the 37's add 1.5 inches, so that's 2.5 inches up again so it's actually taller than it is now. I'd like to have it the same height or even lower if i can do it with out major work

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you could always do like i did 2.5in lift and trim the fenders and I'm running 38' /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    and Butch from 4x4 iron suggested 5.5 lift for rear to compensate for butt sag but i think that would look funny with the rear higher like that.

[/ QUOTE ] but the rear wont look higher it will then look level...Blazers normaly look lower in the rear by about 1 1/2 to 2" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i'd like to mudhog... i just havn't seen any good pics of your fenders, all your shots are far or not dead on. did you relocate your axles at all?

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

blazers and subs have a tendanecy to sag to begin with and the way the tops are on blazers they slop down so they look saggy..get the exta lift in the back!

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You don't have anything to worry about. I'm pushing 8" of lift on 42s and the frame is still only about 30" or so from the ground. </font>

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

no i did not relocate my axles /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ill take some better pics today for you /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

If it's the bottom of the frame they measure to do a body lift with a cobination of spring lift for 4 inch front with ord zero rates to push the front axle forward 5.5 inch rear springs and a 2-3 body lift with minimal trimming should fit your big tires /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    similar to what I'm thinking on the plow truck!

9. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">New Hampshire is very lenient, don't worry about it.

10. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

What part of the frame has to be 30" from the ground? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

front and rear...

12. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

get any pics yet?

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    front and rear...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Ohh, that's going to be harder. The lowest point on the frames is in the middle, the ends are quite a bit higher. My measurement was to the middle. </font>