Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting old sux.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colbystephens, Feb 12, 2007.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

geez, what's going to happen next? gray hair?? gotta love the ripe ol' age of 21.

i hurt my back a few years ago and i'm finally getting it treated at teh chiropractor. everytime he adjusts me i get real sore because it undoes things that have been growing/attatching themselves in certain ways for about 3 years. well, recently i've had a pretty weak lower back. i fell last nite because my cat decided that being under my footstep was a good idea. fell right on my ass, which was quite funny. made my lower back crazy sore and weak tho. i had a hard time getting up from laying flat on my bed last nite.

then, my wife suddenly has a dislocated rib at her spine yesterday evening. we're falling apart here. :rolleyes:

it's tragic. pretty soon the hair will be gone, the remaining will be gray and i'll need some seriously huge prescription of viagara to keep up with our weekly regimen. :haha:

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

If only you knew...Gray hair, dislocated ribs and focked up back, sounds like what I had for breakfast...

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

:mad::mad:Nose and ear hair . It will just start growing , and you can't do anything except buy a fancy shmancy rotating tool to stick in there and cut it :mad::mad:

4. colbystephens

FUMES: hmmm... i guess that explains the missing left index finger, my funky hair cut and the bruises on my wife... :yikes:

:(

5. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Don't forget: the testicles in the lockbox :D :haha: :haha: !!

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

how do you dislocate a bone that doesn't have a joint on it? break/bruise/crack I can understand... but dislocated? ribs?

google search brings up some results... but it still sounds weird to me. Wouldn't a dislocated rib just be a broken rib? :confused: :dunno:

j

7. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey don't worry, in 22 years time you'll be thinking....

Damn life is good!:D

8. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

um, ribs can dislocate from teh spine.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

what kind of joint attaches the rib to the vertebrea? I've been looking at pics of skeletons etc on google image search and all of them are clearly attached to the verts on one end, and most of them attach to the sternum on the other end.... but none of these connections look like joints. :dunno: Is a joint even required for a dislocation? Maybe I've misunderstood the definition of "dislocated" all along. I thought it was when, for example, the ball part of the ball'n'socket joint was no longer inside the socket where it should be. Like a dislocated shoulder.

j

10. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

not sure about dislocating a rib, but I once tore up the cartiledge that holds the ribs together doing a way over tweaked invert on a 1/2 pipe...

Man, that sucked! For about 2 weeks, thought I had kidney stones, bad appendix, something... everytime I breathed, coughed or shat it hurt to holy he!!.....

Eventually went to the emergency room, doc gave me a couple 1000 mili's of ibuprofren and it went away in an hr! I was like wtf! Friggin Advil's would have made the pain go away... Sometimes being a harda$$ doesn't pay.... :doah: :haha:

And Colby, trust me, when you hit 30 is when all the aches and pains really hit you.. Suprised I do as well as I do after 50 something broken bones, 6 knee surgeries, yada, yada, yada..... :haha:

11. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I broken my sternum like that in a roundy-round racing incident. Now it breaks every month to 3 months. Hurts like a crazy sumbitch when it breaks too. Everyone for about 20 ft will turn around and look at me, because of the noise it makes.

As for the hurting at 21... I thought I hurt at 21.... 5 years later, way more things hurt, I aint looking forward to 30.. but the one thing I can tell you, having a bum back myself... USE it. regularily. If you make a habit of doing excersizes or work that use your back some, it will be MUCH stronger, and it'll be a whole lot harder to hurt it. The worst thing is sitting in a chair for weeks on end working in an office, then thinking you can move a D60 around by yourself. Hump car parts around every day, and after a month, a d60 don't seem all that bad, and won't hurt you.

12. colbystephens

i don't really think my body is falling apart, but it was just funny laying in bed with my wife last nite and thinking, "oh, sh*t, how the hell am i gonna get up and turn off that light?" and we're laying there like we're these broken 80 yr old people. :haha:

jek - there is a socket that your ribs go into in your spine so that when you breathe your upper ribs can move up as your lungs go out, and pushes your lower ribs downward. they pivot and can get all cock-eyed and pinch nerves and tissue. that's what happened in her case. :)

13. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Whiners.

14. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No sh!t....wait til late 40's come......pains just shoot through you like someone put jumper cables on ya.

20's-man the good ole days:rolleyes:

15. ryoken

heck, I had 3 knee surgeries by 22..... :doah: :haha:

Boy, thats one thing, medicine has come a loooooooong way... My first surgery at 13 in 78 was stupid cartiledge stuff, 6" scar, 3 month layup, morphine, the whole 9 yards... nowadays, your walking in a couple hrs with a couple pinholes in ya!! :doah: :haha:

16. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

man, my arthroscopic took about 4 weeks to heal. But then the incisions to drain the saline, closed so had to wait for the extra swelling to go down.

This brings to mind, that this is a subject old people sit around and talk about, Their surgeries......

I'm done.:haha: :haha:

17. ryoken

Ooooh, I had one of those once! Thats what they used to do in the pre-MRI days...

Damn knee sounded like a sponge for a week! :haha:

But I've had them aspirated more times than I can remember since then... Feels great when they're draining it, till they start poking around the needle trying to get it all.... :doah:

occupational hazard when I was young, part of the game... I certainly have used my share of my medical insurance over the years... :doah:

18. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

I used to get my knee drained every second week playing football. I have broken every finger atleast twice, I can pull my pinky finger out of joint and it just flops, got a bunch of concusions under my belt. Broke my nose a couple of times. I am sure my knee is held together by duct tape on the inside. I refuse to go get it operated on and just bitch and moan about it all the time.

My heel once touched my leg and I was in a cast for about 8 months and now it cracks and snaps every time I go up a stair. I have to use half a roll of tape on it every hockey game cause its not strong enough on a skate.

Even with all this crap I have goin I am still gonna play rugby again this summer.

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What a pussy. You haven't even begun to experience life's pains and gains yet. Just wait, boy, just wait. You're days are coming to where you wake up with sore joints, achy backs, sore shoulders and feet, etc. Your neck won't be the same either.
    Just wait, boy, just wait, for the nose hairs to start sprouting, ears, too, and then hair in weird places you never thought possible. Hell, I've gotten a few back hairs lately and hate each and every one of them.
    Its like they say, the older you get, the more the hair starts leaving your head and goes down south to other body parts. I'm finding this statement very true.

20. colbystephens

ahem. :wink1: