Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting out of a wireless phone contract?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Aug 1, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

What are the key words to make it stop???

I hate my existing at&t wireless and plan on going to a sweet verizon plan, but i'm still under contract. The service sucks, is this enough? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I believe unless they have a "satisfaction guaranteed" clause, you're stuck. You *might* (read: very, very minimal chance) be able to get your new potential carrier to pay the penalities for you to get out of your current contract. How many mths do you have left on the contract?

3. driney

driney 1/2 ton status Premium Member

One person I know got out of the contract without penalty because she could not use the phone consistently in the area she bought it for. She had to call customer service daily for about 2 weeks before they let her out.

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

driney's got it. bug the hell out of them and tell them there is no service and the calls are being droped. they'll probably get you a new phone but keep doing the same. then ask for money back or cancel.

ARQ.

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

You probably got a early termination fee in your contract. Check it out and do the math. I got $7000 at&t cell phone bill from 96' or 97' can't remember. Every once in awhile a credit place sends me a bill for it. Crazy creditors, they'll never learn. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif