Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

getting pissed off at harbor freight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Chris, Jul 21, 2006.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

so i order a 6" digital caliper and a 6" dial caliper, it takes real freking long to get the order, i open it up, and pull out a 6" digital caliper and a 6" wallboard saw. :doah: the packing slip has both the orders written on them in plain english, and it says 'shipped'. can these fudge packers not read english? so i call, and tell them i was sent the wrong item (my first mistake - i should have said they just left an item out).:doah: i have to talk to some dude thats on the other side of the world, and i cant understand a single word he's saying. anyways, he says they are going to send me a shipping label to return the wrong item, and when they receive that, they will ship the item they should have shipped 2 weeks ago. in the process, i tell him the item number of the wrong item i'm sending back (38092). i just get the shipping label and return packing slip, and it says that i'm sending back item number 38029. :doah: so i gotta call back and make sure they understand i'm sending back a different item, and i ask the dude (sounds like the same indian guy), and i ask him to make sure which item they are going to send me, and he says, "6" digital caliper" nooooooo i already have that, i need the other item i should have received 3 weeks ago. we will see if they get it right this time, and maybe, just maybe i'll have my dial caliper in another month or 2. :angry1: i am not a happy customer.

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ummm i dont know if i'd buy precision measuring tools at harbor freight.. my mics and calipers are all Starrett... big money but theyre the best out there and they're warrantied.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my HF caliper works fine. I test it every once in a while vs a dial just to see. handtools at HF have a lifetime warranty, if it busts, I'll just return it.

As much as I love HF, I wouldn't order anything from them... I just go to the local store.

j

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

agreed, but mine are Mitutoyo. still pretty spendy, but you get what you pay for.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Your problem is that the order was wrtten in plain English. No one there reads English....

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

That's funny, at my harbor freight, they speak english, but all 3 checkers are goth chicks....wierd to have a paper white chick with black lipstick ring up your stuff.

As for precision tools like mics and calipers...I wouldn't buy them there...only because I don't want to take my chances on a $30,000+ Detroit engine.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was not talking about the local folks. Ever call a customer service number for HF? You will need a bottle of whiskey and a good sense of humor.

8. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

eh when i get a detroit in i whip out the HF stuff.... the good stuff only works on cats. :D