Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting ready to interview potential employees:

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Mar 31, 2005.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

And I was looking on line for some possible pointers, I have hired loads of sales people over the years but only a few admin types, so I thought it might help, just an example of the crap I found:

Tips:
    Ask a person of another color or ethnicity, or someone who is disabled, over age 40, or in another protected class, what questions he or she might find insulting. You may be surprised.

Warnings:
    Be friendly, but maintain a professional distance while interviewing.
    Complete a full interview with every candidate. If you interview someone in a protected class for only a few minutes, that person may assume you have turned him or her down for a reason unrelated to his or her ability to do the job.

Tips from eHow Users:
    Leave It Out! by Jennifer
    You want to know the person you're thinking of bringing on board, right? Not so fast. Be sure not to ask about family status, children, or where he's from! This could get you into trouble. Stay away from personal information unless he volunteers it!

Boy, how do I get to be a protected class? Unf*ckingbelievable.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Honestly would negate half of that, Integrety about 30%, and the last 20% could probably be tied up with Stoicism

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

ask them to list faults that are not strong points.

IE, "I always work too hard in a group environment, and other peole feel shorted"

thats not a fault. thats some guy thinking he outsmarted you :D
    i wouldnt bring up anything to do with race, or age, period.