Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting ready to put the fuel tank back in... vapor canister line

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jjlaughner, Apr 30, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Do I need this? I thought about removing the can to make way for some mods. If not I need to find a rubber line to run with the fuel lines. Theres a rubber line on the canister but it disappears under the motor somewhere and there are no rubber lines past the tranny /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Am I correct in assuming the vapor line goes to the canister? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[​IMG]

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Mine's been plugged for two years now I think.

3. jjlaughner

yeah I think that is whats going to happen here. I was just wondering if its worth leaving hooked up?

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah I think that is whats going to happen here. I was just wondering if its worth leaving hooked up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is worth hooking up. It sends the extra fuel vapors thru a charcol filter rather than straight to the atmosphere. It is an effective pollution control with little to no maintenence required and also doesnt hurt the performance of your truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not only that, but if you don't vent the tank with another cap (which apparently can/will eat your paint around the fill neck after years) it will build up excessive pressure inside which can cause more problems.

Also, the EVAP system should be fairly effective at keeping condensation from getting into your tank (an early low pressure vented gas cap may work too) which will rust it inside out.

6. jjlaughner

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif maybe I will relocate it to another place then. Its going to be in the way. Now I have to go by 20ft of rubber line /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If your really bent on getting rid of the charcol canistor, put a check valve on the end of that line, so it continues to vent...simliar to an axle vent line check valve....my buddies '77 1 ton had one from the factory