Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting really pissed!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hunterguy86, Jun 19, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Last monday I ordered some wheels from discount tire. I went and payed for them in full. I was informed that the wheels will arrive on thursday or friday. I told the salesman that I HAD to have them by saturday at the latest because I needed to go home and see my dad for fathers day. The salesman says no problem, we can get them for you. I call them friday afternoon. They have no idea where my wheels are and that they should be here on monday morning. I'm pissed because I really needed to go home but I calm down and let it go.

Fast forward to today. Here it is monday. I call discount tire again. They have no idea where my wheels are. I'm having to bum rides to work and cant go shopping for food because I have no truck. Plus its just annoying that I cant do the things I need to get done.

If I dont have them today, the $H!T will fly!

2. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Man, that sucks. Speaking as a salesman, your guy was a bonehead. He PROMISED you something he has no control over. Unless the store boss is super cool you will not recieve any compensation either. I think you should recieve a discount for about 10 to 20 %.
    People ask me every day if I'm sure when there ordered parts will be in. My answer is I know when it SHOULD arrive, but I dont load the brown truck and I dont drive the brown truck. Sorry they screwed your weekend.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'd bum a ride down there and raise some hell.

having been a parts guy, i know what its like to have customers order parts and then they not show up when they're supposed to. that's why my answer to "when will they be in?" was always, "they SHOULD be here by XX, but cant guarantee that. unless of course you would like to pay for overnight shipping"

4. hunterguy86

Thats the deal. I said I can pay for overnight shipping if they will not be here by friday. He said no ground shipping is cool. They will be here friday at the latest.

I just called them and found out that they have not got my wheels. I very politely asked for them to call fed ex and find my wheels. The rep said he will call them and see where they are and get back to me. If I dont have a call back by 4 I'm goin down there and the **** is gonna fly.

5. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It's 6:30PM need up date , or will I read about a tire store blowing up in the paper tommow!!!!

6. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i had some problems with discount a while back and emailed corporate. got a response real quick from email and a day later was called by the guilty store saying they would pay for one of my wheels and wanted to keep my business. i might be able to find the email if you want to read it as an idea of how to write a persuasive email. it irritates the crap out of me when customer service sux. if i'm going to be paying a grand to some company, they sure as hell had better earn it.

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

He hasn't replied yet, I see. $10 says he went down there and slapped a few peepees.......

8. hunterguy86

Well they called back. The company never shipped the wheels to discount. The discount rep chewed them out and then had the company over night the wheels. I should have them tomorrow or the next day. The reps said they would follow up daily to make sure they have shipped.

I guess there is no fault on discounts part. It was out of their hands when the wheels shipped. So we shall see how it goes.

I did have to slap some peepees to get them to call the company though.

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

or they've snowed you into believing that, after seeing how pissed you were. after all, you cant be pissed at them because its "not their fault."

at any rate, the first time you didnt have them they should've made a call right then and there.

10. hunterguy86

Very true my friend.

However, it's not good to get on the bad side of the only place in town that mounts tires.

The only other option is walmart but they wont mount used tires.

My problem is that I'm to nice a feller and let things go further than they should.

Now if I dont have em by wednesday there will be a problem. Because if they dont come in, then its discounts problem for not following up.

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Truer words were never spoken, brother. One of our local shops is run by a guy who has unpredictable mood swings, and for some reason, he's always on the down side when I need his services. He's always been a little short with me, and I've had to bite my tongue a few different times in the past few years. It's got to the point that I just send Kim in to deal with him. Funny how he never gives HER any grief- it's almost funny how super-nice he is to her....:surepal:

Isn't small-town life grand sometimes????

12. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Go and give him the big Can Can hug treatment!

13. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

Geez you're close enough to Calgary to tell them to stuff it.......My wife works with a lady that lives in canmore and works everyday in Calgary.