Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting screwed by a New yorker. Can anybody up there help?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Feb 12, 2003.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Joe Fountain of fountain industries responded to a junkyard search for the part I requested. TH400/NP203 adapter. He asked for 50 bucks plus 11.84 shipping. I agreed and sent a postal money order. That was on January 24. Since then he has said that he sent it but the tracking number didn't work. Then he said that he will find out tomorrow and either send another or a refund. That was on February 4th and would let me know what was up on the 5th with another email. NOTHING> NOTTA. not an email or a refund or an adapter. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I hate that when somebody does that crap. 61.84 aint gona break the bank. I really need the adapter. Now got neither. Anybody heard of this guy. Plattsburgh New York. That is where he is from. If you know him or see this Fountain Industries stop in and give him hell for me!!!!

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i dont know joe personally but i talked ot him a lot online..i live kinda near him..and i post in the mudnuts club he is a memeber of here in rochester. i can get a hold of him for you..but im sure he is not trying to rip you of..hes not that kinda person. but ill get a hold of him for ya... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. cybrfire

If you think he's OK I will give him a while longer. I threw another email his way. Aint gona wait to much longer though. I just can't stand noncommunication. Leave ya hangin' like that. NO call for it. I have bought alot of stuff online and through ebay and what not. You just can't leave people hanging. Communication is golden... Sorry all if I sound mad but I am and maybe this isn't the place for this. Had to vent. Hope he writes me back by tomorrow...

4. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

If worst comes to worst, send him a certified letter giving him 72 hours to send you a valid tracking number fo either your part, or postal money order, or you will file a complaint with the postmaster generals office. By using the mail to defraud some one, it is a felony. You have two seperate offenses if he doesn't come through. Mail fraud, and Wire fraud. That ought to light a fire under him. This is obviously a last resort, but it should do the trick if it comes down to it.

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

you said it man.. communication is golden.......

6. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

ROAD TRIP!!!!

7. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Actually Bryan it's not me he's talking about, but Joe Fountain is on the Mudnuts board too. A couple of the guys in our club have talked to him at the Essex Junction show and said he's a good guy. I've only talked to him on the two message boards (here and Mudnuts) and through email. I doubt he'd try and screw anyone, he's prolly too busy shoveling snow!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif J/K, I'm sure there's a good reason he hasn't written back yet.

8. cybrfire

Still no write back. If any of you know him mention it. I would really appreciate it. "Road trip" I wish... I guess I will write him again. Probably screwed though.

9. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

It could be worst, I have $1050 since 1/21/03 and still no axles. No retuned email or phone calls! I wish he would at least tell me if plans on sending them or maybe he doesn't want me to take a road trip!