Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Getting support from the wife

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ressurection, May 30, 2000.

1. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, just had to report an untapped benefit to this site. My wife made notice of my increased visits to this site, and I showed her why, and the pic of Ken Brown's 72. Her exact response was "Oh, wow, that's pretty!" I interpret that as saying "You mean if I let you spend more on yours, it too could look that nice?" My response: "hell yes!" Try it, you'll like it!

You can't beat going Topless!

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Dos she have a sister! she sounds like a great gal.
    glad she likes blazers

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah buddy I hear ya on that one. Love my 74

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Next thing you know she is driving it and you are looking for another...K5 and possibly a wife....hehehehehehehe

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]<font color=red>
    Masonry...It's a Good Thing
    2B1ASK1

5. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

I'll have to ponder the pro's and con's of that outcome!

You can't beat going Topless!

6. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

If you guys are worried about your girl driving your truck, just put yourself in my situation. My Blazer has the SM465 and my girlfriend is about 5 foot 2. She can't push the clutch in all the way...let alone see over the wheel, which means she never drives it. hahaha Gosh I'm mean.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

7. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i agree with '73k5, my wife is 5'1". and i have a SM465.
    the best wife driving deterent!!!!!!!!

Knife.

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hehehe My wife is 5'1 and pretty well snuck the 79 away from me since I rarely drove it at the time due to having a company vehicle. So I had to get another K5 LOL. She still takes off in it (mine) if it's a nice day and the top is off (75). She still got the better end of the deal. Her 79 is loaded and has decent A/C.
    The clutch thing has worked well with my 70 Pontiac LeMans Sport convertable. She just doesn't have enough leg to handle the big ass clutch on that big block Poncho. She had a girl freind come over one nice day and the Poncho was sitting in the drive and they decided thay want to go out in the convertable. She had never drove the car to that point. I thought about it and decided I would let her make up her own mind. I said sure but before you can drive it you have to hold the clutch for 5 minutes. Well she was expecting a arugument about it and this seemed like I was being very resonable and no big deal. Well as you boys know it is not a hydrolic and had a 2600lb presure plate. After about 3 minutes the grimus on her face came and her leg started bouncing trying to hold that booger. At 4 minutes her pride and leg failed and she got out of the car and didn't say a word to me LOL. She has never asked again to drive that car.
    ARRRR ARRRR Arrrr "beating on his chest like Tim Allen". It's a Mans car!
    Hay Anybody know how to make a clutch in a 89 Supra pure mechanical?

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper

9. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

My wife HATES mine! "It's too big! It's too hard to park. It's too hard to get the grocries or me in and out of. It only has two doors!" She has a much newer Rodeo, so she likes SUVs. She just doesn't like the size of a REAL truck! I guess size DOES matter to her, huh? [​IMG]

Blazin' in Flagstaff

10. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

I get treated like I have another woman chained to the wall in the garage, so if your wife likes your truck count your blessings. She DOES take my J**p every chance she gets... Imagine that.

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

It's taken about 10 years, 5 K-5's, the mentioning of a $450 car payment (to replace the K-5 with a new "equivalent"), but my wife is TOTALLY behind me on the K-5. Helped me with the interior work, agreed the $800 seats were worth it (!) and can't wait till the motor gets fixed so she can drive it down at the beach (Ocean Park, Washington lets you drive on the beach for miles). Really, tho, think it was the day we went to the dealer to pick up her van after getting it state inspected........and we stopped to look at the Tahoe's........I innocently asked her what a payment would be on this $38,000 rig.......'nuf said. "The Blazer needs a new motor.........sure, no problem."

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

12. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Man, I'm trying to teach my girl how to drive my truck but she is too scared. She needs to learn how to drive it, so I don't have to booze and cruize. lol
    Boss

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

My girlfriend threatens to blow mine up every day. Guess it'll get to the point where it's her or the truck....God I'll miss that woman.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

14. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

I'm with ya there lake. The girlfriend hates my truck. I think she's jealous. :)

15. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

I am buying my wife a Tahoe so she will stay out of my K5,
    then she can compare the car payment to my upgrades. Hopefully she can do the math?

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

16. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Hooray brother! My wife pulls the "Well, you bought that old rusty 200$ axel last week, so I get a Blah, Blah, Blah, this week". So I say "But honey, its a 14ff I need it to run 38's"..."38's..why do you need tires that big?!?!?" Prozac take me away

17. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

18. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

My wife loves OUR Blazer! Especially now that the top is off. She wants me to sell the Monte SS and the 80 K5 so we can put the money into the 83.

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]