Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

getting the most travel outta your shocks....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, May 21, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

would i measure them collasped then measure fully extended then find the median??? :1zhelp:

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

You might want to measure your travel of your suspension first then do the same to the shocks then mount,move them as need.. :grin:

3. down4thakrown

should i just measure from the bumpstop to the axle or would it be better to take it on a ramp. the truck dosent have an engine in it yet and theres no wieght on the rear besides a gastank. i got 4 inch shackle flip soon with 56's in the rear and i was thinkin runin the shocks verticle in the rear on the outside of frame using some flat square tubing,angle iron, and some ferd shock towers for the rear shock mounts.

5$ glass,motors and 2 door panels (1 good ) off 83 k5 doors boths sides,all 4 glass, you pull, goin to make half doors az only

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

ramping it will definitely help you figure it out... most leaf sprung suspensions don't have as much travel in compression as they do droop... so a 50/50 mounted shock probably won't be optimal.

j

5. down4thakrown

thx for the info
    i was thinkin about just gettin some procomp es3000 in longest travel they come in, to match the front. And this is just for now then upgrade when the bigger lift goes on. :xmas: