Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

getting tools... but i need torque specs...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 15, 2003.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

what are average torque specs for ubolts, lugnuts, etc and other things on our trucks that need messing wtih usually? Im thinking of buying an electric impact from harbor freight. Max torque on that thing is 240ft/lbs. Is taht enough? Or should I invest in a small airtank and an air impact? I see some air impacts with up to 1100 ft/lbs! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

My air impact is something like 350#, I havent found anything yet it hasnt taken off my truck.

3. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My air impact is something like 350#, I havent found anything yet it hasnt taken off my truck.

[/ QUOTE ]
    My MAC super gun is almost 600 ft lbs in reverse. And I've found it won't do all the time. My next one will be a good 3/4" drive impact. On the compressor get at least a 30 gallon tank and 175 max psi if posible. More volume and higher psi is your friend when running air tools or filling "large" tires. You won't be standing around waiting for the air tank to fill up again.

4. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Yeah, we have a compressor with a 25 gallon tank, and that will only air up about 1 and 1/2 35" tire before it kicks on.